I just ordered Isaac Mizrahi sleeveless lace maxi dress in a Wild Rose color for my grandson’s wedding. I wish Isaac would make a matching shrug since I usually do not wear sleeveless!
Respected Contributor

Would something in another color look acceptable, or does it need to match?  If you want it to match, can you order something else from Isaac in that color (or another dress depending on the price), and have a tailor make a shrug out of the fabric?  Seeing as it is lace, I'm not sure how difficult this would be.

Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you buy a shawl to cover your arms?  They are readily available many places and reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

Closer to summer, there will be shrugs available in knit sweater material.  Have not seen any in lace.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Re: Need matching lace shug

[ Edited ]

If you search on shrugs on QVC, they have a lace LOGO one and a lace Isaac Mizrahi one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need matching lace shug

[ Edited ]

It may be a little difficult to find the same pattern of lace in the same color in a style you like. Personally I think lace looks busy enough and I would go with a simple, solid thin material in a shrug, shawl or sweater in a color that compliments the dress. I also think there is some lace that can feel irritating on bare arms. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

It may be a little difficult to find the same pattern of lace in the same color in a style you like. Personally I think lace looks busy enough and I would go with a simple, solid thin material in a shrug, shawl or sweater in a color that compliments the dress. I also think there is some lace that can feel irritating on bare arms. 

@Etoile308 - I was going to say these same things! Great minds...  Smiley Happy

@Laura Callaway - I think a satin or silk shawl/wrap, especially if you can find one that is a bit more matte rather than shiny, would be lovely with a lace dress for a wedding. Depending on the look you're hoping for, you could either choose a soft coordinating color or a neutral complementary color and look very chic. Or for a more subtle look, go with a sheer fabric that is close in tone to your dress color (if the sheerness is a concern, just get a lot of fabric so you can double or triple it when wrapping yourself). Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Laura Callaway - You've received some great advice. You always will on the Forums. Welcome!   Smiley Happy