Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need larger sized petite models.

Would you want someone that size to model every garment or just the ones that might look good on that size??

Can you image trying to juggle all the different styles to fit every different body type?  

Would you want to tell a model that she couldn't model this one because it would not look good on her shape?  

Who would want the job????????

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmoogcat wrote:

Its all been said loud and clear about not enough large size petite models. But maybe one more request and QVC will grant our wish. I tried a Denim & Co. summer knit dress and it looked awful on me. I just want one nice looking dress for the season and can't find one for my 5' 1" large size. Any ideas out there?

Used to have a lot of Liz Claiborne that looked good on my XLP frame but... D&C dresses just aren't dressy and they are all too long. I got nothing. Even skirts are too long. I have a few Susan Graver dresses that look good but she's so expensive. You could look at A292505 but as usual, the sizes are very limited. And it may be too long.

Trusted Contributor

They should also have true petite models.  The ones they use are just barely petites.  I'd like to see a 5 ft. petite out there!

Valued Contributor

Well even if they did, they add two inches or more onto the garment for petitte plus so it would look terrible, as it does on me when I order it. Why I don't order QVC clothing anymore. (and don't even get me started on this "boyfried" look...)

Esteemed Contributor

Where is this Q model?

"The average height and weight of women varies around the world, but in the United States in 2010, the average adult female height was 63.8 inches (approximately 5 feet 4 inches) and 166.2 pounds, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Respected Contributor

I don't wear a petite, but it is noticeable to me that the few petite models they do have usually look swallowed up by the tops cut for only the regular size. When a host insists a top is not too long for a petite and the evidence that it is too much is right before your eyes, their credibility suffers. And it's equally true that a few of their models who are not xxs look 20 pounds heavier in some Q fashion lines. At least I know that if a more representative US size model or host looks big as a barn, it won't do me any favors either. 

Regular Contributor

I have stopped buying clothes from QVC for this reason.  They always say it's fine for a petite but the larger the size the longer the top is.  When they are already way too long on a petite size 2 I know I could probably wear them for a dress.  I really wish they would offer more actual petite sizes but I just spend my money elsewhere. 

It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Where is this Q model?

"The average height and weight of women varies around the world, but in the United States in 2010, the average adult female height was 63.8 inches (approximately 5 feet 4 inches) and 166.2 pounds, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

I think lovely Toni comes close. I see her on D&C shows. But there certainly aren't many if any.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Where is this Q model?

I think lovely Toni comes close. I see her on D&C shows. But there certainly aren't many if any.

@SunValley, I think you're right! I've seen her, and I think she always looks very nice. Smiley Happy