Occasional Contributor

Re: Need larger sized petite models.

Its all been said loud and clear about not enough large size petite models. But maybe one more request and QVC will grant our wish. I tried a Denim & Co. summer knit dress and it looked awful on me. I just want one nice looking dress for the season and can't find one for my 5' 1" large size. Any ideas out there?

Valued Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/H-by-Halston-Petite-Sleeveless-Floral-Printed-Chiffon-Dress.product.A288618.html

Try searching QVC with "petite dresses". You may still have to hem, even with petite dresses. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you! That was a really fast suggestion! It's cute but if Jane is in a size 6, me in a 14 or 16 still won't work. It might be better with a V neck. Believe me hemming clothes is just a fact of life, not afraid of the old sewing machine. Styles just need to look nice and not frumpy. But that's where the need for REAL models comes in.

Occasional Contributor

Sucess! I found a Halston petite dress in large that actually works for me! A274137 High Low hem skims right over my curves. Thank you jewel3. It's my first Halson purchase. I'm heming the odd pointed corners on the hem line to make it one smooth curve.

Contributor

I agree, I believe the "average" woman shopping QVC is 5'5" and under. All these clothes are not the same length by at least 3"

Esteemed Contributor

Me too.  They are selling a LOOK... perhaps all of us who are not xxxxxs or a size two will think of ourselves THAT way and run to the phones and buy more than one.  No idea.  I have the same issue with makeup and youth serums and devices.  I am overly aware that the younger models are selected for this.  And the before and after shots can easily be "changed."  I do lots of photography and even I can do it.  And while I am on the subject some of the vendors have had plastic surgery and still peddle the "product" to make us  look younger.

Contributor

@Southern Classy wrote:

Need larger sized petite models.   Not all petite woman are size 2.  That is why you offer larger petite sizes.  Where are the large and extra large models?

I echo that! Wouldn't it be nice to see what the clothing looks like on REAL women? I'm a petite XL and would love to see even a size L petite model. The other day I was watching Carolyn and there were four models, of the four, THREE were wearing XXS! One was M and then Carolyn in her L. She is the only one that shows us what these clothes will look like on us, on me. I cannot get an idea of how they will look when you are showing me a tiny short person who wears an XXS that is baggy on her! 

You're right, if they sell the size, they should SHOW the size. 

It is past time to have a couple Plus size models and at least one who is 5'2"!!!

Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Southern Classy wrote:

Need larger sized petite models.   Not all petite woman are size 2.  That is why you offer larger petite sizes.  Where are the large and extra large models?

@Southern Classy

I respectfully disagree.  The Q has more ordinary looking women than "models" these days.  I have even asked myself "where have all the models gone?" 

It's unreasonable and less watchable to have every conceivable body size and shape on the fashion shows.  (It probably saves money though.)

I respectfully disagree with you. I get what you're saying about its being impractical to show every body size. We are conditioned to think anyone slightly overweight is ugly so I think that's what you meant by less watchable. But while the tiny unrealistically skinny girls look great in clothes, QVC is on TV so we can see their items in detai. They make and sell larger size clothes, so show them on a larger size model. They don't need "every conceivable body size and shape" but a few realistic normal size models would be welcome. Everyone is beautiful and we should stop judging people on their imperfections. It's time to promote women whose bodies look like women instead of women whose bodies look like 12-year old boys.

Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I totally agree with this concept but it will probably never happen.

I am 5' tall and wear an XL or IX.  When I am looking at the length of tops on models, the designers always state that the length is perfect.  It may be perfect on petite XXS, but those items are made much longer on a 1X petite height customer.

This makes it difficult to make choices.  In fact, never understood why tops must be at least 2-3" longer in plus sizes.  We are not automatically taller than size XXS.

Here here!!!!

Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I, too, would like to see a petite model who is petite in height but not  in body size.

Isn't that Quacker Factory's niche?  What was Jeanne's favorite saying?  She was short but not petite - or something like that?

But all the lines sell up to 3X so I don't like having to be relegated to QF's "niche." I am 5'2" and wear 1X on the bottom, XL on top. There are many many who are shaped more like I am. Everytime the host says "our petite model is..." it's someone who wears an XXS and it's baggy on them!