Trusted Contributor

Is this serious?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

People need to stop seeking out things to get offended about.  Every day it’s something more ridiculous than the day before.  Unless someone is calling you a Debbie Downer directly, then you have nothing to be offended about.  

=======================

Very true.  I was wondering if Plain Jane and Joe Blow could offer any advice to those who are offended as they have been dealing with this very same problem for decades.

Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

People need to stop seeking out things to get offended about.  Every day it’s something more ridiculous than the day before.  Unless someone is calling you a Debbie Downer directly, then you have nothing to be offended about.  

=======================

Very true.  I was wondering if Plain Jane and Joe Blow could offer any advice to those who are offended as they have been dealing with this very same problem for decades.

LOL. And Lazy Susan or Saucey Susan.

Respected Contributor

I agree this is a small matter and shouldn’t bother any of us. After all how can we get our feelings hurt by something said by a salesperson we don’t really even know on QVC?! Silly!

However, I think it would be better if QVC had a policy of not using people’s names to put down behavior or other products.  They could step the language up above name calling. 

Honored Contributor

Debbie Downer may have started out innocent enough, as a silly joke.  That doesn't mean it remains innocent and just a light hearted joke forever.  Lots of words and sayings start out one way but change over time.  

Why do people insist on using words that hurt others? This has nothing to do with political correctness.  It's just civility.  

How does it harm someone to not say something that hurts someone else?  

Honored Contributor

There is also a Negative Nancy and a couple more that I cant think of at the minute.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I do believe it's possible that I have now heard it all.

Image result for eye roll emoji

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Such a Pollyanna LOL.  There is and will always be something new that "offends" someone(s).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

You'd like to think that but I'm betting you something else will come along.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

There is also a Negative Nancy and a couple more that I cant think of at the minute.

@Imaoldhippie, I have heard and I use the term Nosy Rosy all the time.