New Contributor

NEED TO SHOW TRUE PLUS SIZE MODEL.....PLEASE

I truly enjoy my QVC clothes but would LOVE to see more TRUE Plus Size Models (2X & 3X Ladies)! .  Show me a model that has "heavier" arms; lets see the lady that has some "rolls" in the tummy area!  I ask this because I am a lady of that statue!  I want to see what the clothes look like on a model that some of these issues.  Only because some cap sleeves are not as appealing on us ladies that have some issues with having "heavier" arms.  Or the cute dress that a size 4 or 8 model may not be as cute on us larger size ladies. 

The "plus" size models you do have are still in my eyes are not "plus" size in my eyes.  A size 12 or 14 or even and 18 model is not a TRUE plus size for us larger ladies that wear 2 & 3 X's.

QVC Customer Care

Re: NEED TO SHOW TRUE PLUS SIZE MODEL.....PLEASE

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't believe the Q ever had the 2 and 3 plus ladies represented and I doubt they ever will. They show some medium sized petite models once in a while and I don't think that goes over too well. There is a reason the models are tall and thin to show the clothes on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see some true 3x models, too....but you can bet that will never be..clothes don't look as nice on us heavy people...I have been asking for this size model for a very long time...and it has never happened...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There used to be a plus sized model that wore a 1x her name was Pat, she was on probably toward the beginning of QVC and when they had the fashion channel, I am between an XL-1X and I always watched to see if it fit her and looked nice on her as we had the same body type, it was so nice to be able to resonate with another person to physically see what it might look like on me.

Also, if you notice the plus sizes are usually the first to sell out, and I know the Lunchtime Specials and the PrimeTime Specials seem to more limited in the plus sizes also, so obviously there is a market so why not accomodate us ladies?

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see model that are as short as I am which is 5 feet with a bit of weight on them, like me.  I guess what I am saying they are selling a dream... nice tall thin gals.. mostly young and lovely hoping we will buy into it and feel we will look as good.  This goes for the wrinkle and make up products that show young models with limited problems and assume we will see ourselves. 

It is all part of the game... and I am wondering what is the average age and or size of their customers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another quick comment..... Being short, IF I EAT IT I WEAR IT..... lol   When I see these models I get inspired in a way and think MAYBE I can look like that if I buy THAT. 

Honored Contributor

You will never see a true 2X or 3X model on QVC.  They are in the business of selling clothing, and a model of that size does not show off clothing to its best advantage.  They have had models that swing between an XL and a 1X.  I often wonder why they have XL as the measurements are often of insignificant difference from the 1X.  On one occasion Monday, I saw a garment sold where the 1X was significantly smaller than the XL. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I agree, I want to see what a garment will look like on someone short and heaver than the 5' 10" size XS models.  If it doesn't look nice, I'm not going to spend the money. And clothing on larger size models can look great, so long as the cut and fit are made for those proportions. 

I have returned more items ( and got scolded for it too) that I hoped would look good when tried on, but no. Being under 5' 3" makes a big difference in the look of a garment when worn as opposed to seeing it on a model.

Guess the Q will never learn or pay attention to us. Their loss..... 

New Contributor

I'm so glad to see Ronnie and Taylor added to the line up!!!!  They represent alot of the customers who shop ( being that the plus sizes always sell out ). I am more towards Taylor, but my sister is more like Ronnie. I want to see them in PM Style. I wanna see  them in Laurie Felt jeans, Peace, Love World, and Issac Mizhari. I mean you make sure you say a product is available in xxs - 3x, but you only show xxs, xs models.  No shade, but don't you  get tired of hearing xxs, xs!!!!  If you think about it, they don't feature plus size models in some brands because it doesn;t fit!!!!! I digress,  So thank you Q for bringing in real plus size models.