Occasional Contributor

Re: My Personal Suggestion On How To Sell An Item

I agree! Please describe all the details of the item in the time allotted.

I don’t need to hear about a host or vendor’s personal beliefs, family history, inside jokes, constant giggling, and telling us where we can wear an item.

Respected Contributor

And tell always if shoes come jn  wide widths.

Valued Contributor

@gigy, I so agree. I know how to wear a blouse and what to wear it with. I don't need to know that I can wear it pumpkin picking, to the appke orchard or to the office. I DO need to know how it fits relative to Q sizing and where the darts hit. I want to know care instructions as I don't do dry cleaning. @kelsey17, you are spot on - the more they accessorize the more turned off I get. My style is my style. Let me see the basics and I' ll figure out what to put wirh it.
Respected Contributor

Also, we know what to wear it with, & what colors it will work back to. Susan Graver is ALWAYS holding other garments in front of what item is being shown.  I want to SEE THE item being shown, not what other garments it would "look great" with. Susan annoys me to no end doing this. 

Honored Contributor

It might also be helpful if everyone modeling the item (hosts included) were wearing THE CORRECT SIZE!!!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

It might also be helpful if everyone modeling the item (hosts included) were wearing THE CORRECT SIZE!!!

@faeriemoon

YES !!!  That's So True.

Occasional Contributor

both Gary of Denim and Co and male rep for Joan Rivers do the best job of describing the garment and acting professionally.  QVC should have them teach the others.  The women tend to get off the point and become too personal in an effort to reach the audience.  Tamp down the familiarity and silliness.

Closeups of each garment would show fabric texture.  This is important.  Let the vendor explain uninterrupted.

New Contributor

Most of the female hosts try on garments too small for them - perhaps so they can say “I’m wearing a size 2.” If you cannot button or zip it fully, if it strains across the bust, ITS TOO SMALL FOR YOU. We women need to stop trying desperately to look 2 sizes smaller - embrace your true size and be honest.