Honored Contributor

Re: My Favorite Brand II - Mods

@MaggieMack wrote:

Would it be possible to "explode" the My Favorite Brand listings so all are visible along with the other forums? I think it was that way on the old boards. It would greatly help to direct traffic to the correct forum. Thanks.

I think this is a good idea. Right now I think the My Favorite Brands section gets overlooked because it. The folder icon is too vague, especially given that MANY of the forum users are not tech savvy.

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 I don't think any Mod / Administrator will get through your post before there's a shift change.  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi @MaggieMack and @lolakimono, and everyone else... mainly from the Fashion forum (I think). Smiley Happy

@dooBdoo@ChynnaBlue and @MacDUFF, I included notifications to the three of you in my post becasue I always really appreciate your input on issues like this. Smiley Happy

< SNIP >

__

I'd appreciate it if we could get some feedback on this from the QVC moderators. Since they are both listed as "Admin", I'm sending notifications to both @Keyai and @Eva-QVC. Smiley Happy

Thank you both, in advance, for taking the time to to look at our various questions, ideas and requests around this issue.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

TL; DR.

Could you please summarize the issue?

@ChynnaBlue, sure. Smiley Happy Below is a summary of my earlier post #9 in this thread...

1) Eliminate the My Favorite Brand fourm. -- In it's place create separate two MAIN page forums for both WEN and the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio

2) Integrate the remaining sub-forums from the My Favorite Brand fourm into sub-forums within the MAIN category forums

3) Add some additional sub-forums (e.g. a Honora sub-forum in the Jewelry forum) within the MAIN forums.

4) In the process of changing these various forums around, make sure that the QVC IT department is able to move the various sub-forum posts (which were created from June 21st 2015 on) intact to the new forums. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. what does TL; DR. mean? Thanks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I remember when the "My Favorite Brand" list was created.  When the new platform was launched, there was quite an uproar over the combining of various brands under the broad umbrella of "Beauty," "Fashion," etc.   So, the tech folks came up with the folder for all the specialty forums.   They did it pretty quickly, and at the time it was welcomed by those who had been concerned.

I don't know the technical issues involved, but I do think at this point it would really help everyone if we could see all the sub-forums all the time.  It's not intuitive the way it's designed now, in my opinion, so many people miss the fact that there are so many choices hidden under "My Favorite Brand."  I think that's probably one reason we see threads placed elsewhere under more general forums.   

It seems to me this change could help avoid frustration we keep seeing, with threads that appear to be started in the wrong forum.  Also, it would save time for the moderators, since there might be fewer requests and complaints about moving threads here, there, and everywhere.Smiley

Hope everyone has a lovely (and warm, and safe) Monday!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi @MaggieMack and @lolakimono, and everyone else... mainly from the Fashion forum (I think). Smiley Happy

@dooBdoo@ChynnaBlue and @MacDUFF, I included notifications to the three of you in my post becasue I always really appreciate your input on issues like this. Smiley Happy

< SNIP >

__

I'd appreciate it if we could get some feedback on this from the QVC moderators. Since they are both listed as "Admin", I'm sending notifications to both @Keyai and @Eva-QVC. Smiley Happy

Thank you both, in advance, for taking the time to to look at our various questions, ideas and requests around this issue.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

TL; DR.

Could you please summarize the issue?

@ChynnaBlue, sure. Smiley Happy Below is a summary of my earlier post #9 in this thread...

1) Eliminate the My Favorite Brand fourm. -- In it's place create separate two MAIN page forums for both WEN and the Linea by Louis Dell'Olio

2) Integrate the remaining sub-forums from the My Favorite Brand fourm into sub-forums within the MAIN category forums

3) Add some additional sub-forums (e.g. a Honora sub-forum in the Jewelry forum) within the MAIN forums.

4) In the process of changing these various forums around, make sure that the QVC IT department is able to move the various sub-forum posts (which were created from June 21st 2015 on) intact to the new forums. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. what does TL; DR. mean? Thanks Smiley Happy

TL; DR means Too Long; Didn't Read.

Honored Contributor

@bebe777  I like your idea.  I hope it can be put into place sooner than later.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@bebe777  I like your idea.  I hope it can be put into place sooner than later.  

@GingerPeach, thank you for your kind words. Smiley Happy

I'm glad that @MaggieMack and @lolakimono both got the discussion on sub-forums started again. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy