Valued Contributor

Multiple item orders and shipping fees

1. I placed an order for four items...small beauty items.  Each item is charged $3.00 or $12.00 to ship.  I wish qvc would charge a reduced shipping charge for this type of order.  Between the tax and shipping fees it is getting impossible to order...especially when we are taking a chance of liking what we purchase from a tv screen.  Also, when ordering two tee shirts the shipping department should put two in one bag...not one in a bag with $6.95 x 2 fee if we need to return.
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple item orders and shipping fees

I agree.  The charge per item for small items gets crazy quick.  If you buy two tops and they ship separately, you can send them back together for one shipping charge or pay your own shipping.

Respected Contributor

I have two words for you - shop local! - Help your local economy and help save jobs.  Then you can take the item back, no fees, no problems. 

Regular Contributor

QVC ued to do this. If you ordered more than one item in the same order, your shippng and handling was cut by 1/2. Or sometimes they would say, order one SG item and rest will be free shipping. That ended when they made most items $3 or $5 shipping and raised the price of the merchandise. Have you noticed most SG tops are $54.75 or a similar number. Quacker and D&Co. still have the best prices for merchandise but shipping is still $3 or $5. Right now we do not pay tax on clothes here in PA. That may change though..........I have started to order more again from L..L  Bean as they always have free shipping, quality is very good and with their Visa card you earn coupon dollars on everything you buy everywhere. Still like QVC for many things - do not like higher prices.....

Valued Contributor

Hoosier...thanks for the suggestion.  I do shop locally when I can but I cannot always get out.  As an older lady I find shopping in stores a little harder than home delivery.  I do not go to Pizza Hut either!  And I also shop made in USA over items from China...hope you do as well.

Honored Contributor

If you think the Q's shipping is high,  try jewelry at Evine.   The average rate for a ring or other small item is $6.99/each, then if you order several,  they stick them all in one envelope and ship the cheapest way possible.   So for 3 lightweight rings you pay just short of $21., and wait forever to get them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@junera wrote:
  1. I placed an order for four items...small beauty items.  Each item is charged $3.00 or $12.00 to ship.  I wish qvc would charge a reduced shipping charge for this type of order.  Between the tax and shipping fees it is getting impossible to order...especially when we are taking a chance of liking what we purchase from a tv screen.  Also, when ordering two tee shirts the shipping department should put two in one bag...not one in a bag with $6.95 x 2 fee if we need to return.

I agree. If little ebay sellers can "combine shipping" - so can QVC. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

Ive been away a few years and came back super eager to go to my QVC for holiday shopping. I make my orders and then call in to CS to have them correct a glitch (or so I thought) where i was being charged for each single item in my quite substantial order. But....Nope, no glitch. Just a policy change approx 4 years back according to Katrina where they rip off their valued customers! Worse the same return charges per item irrespective of whether you ship them in the same box?
Unlike most people who complain and then keep supporting qvc (so they have no real reason to change) I will never shop here again. Its the principle of the thing. I guess my Diamonique collection stops here...Oh well...

Esteemed Contributor

yes IMO qvc should bundle items together to ship. i ordered 2 items that had free shipping and was amused to see thet shipped together to save qvc costs i'm sure.

the whole buy more and save ploy no longer works economically either.  If you supposedly save $4 on the 2nd item you buy BUT it costs $3.00 to ship it, well then the "savings" is a whole $1.00  Big deal and not worth it IMO.

One year, a couple of years ago, I had bought multiple items of BL battery lights and they shipped every one in a separate box! I was appalled at the waste in shipping materials and cost to me as a customer.

Super Contributor

QVC used to offer reduced shipping fees if you order more than one item at the same time the order was placed.  When they started the flat rate per item they charged for each item shipped, but I noticed the fees are creeping up.  Also, if they ship two items in one bag they stil charge two shipping fees which IMO is not right.  I have received two LOGO tanks in one bag but charged two separate shipping fees.  On the bright side, if you have to return a defective / damaged item QVC refunds the total cost, including shipping and does not charge the return shipping fee.