Respected Contributor

Re: More Sleepwear and Loungewear in Cotton, please

[ Edited ]

Yes yes yes! I will only wear cotton sleep wear! Won't wear POLY anything. Many Q brands of all clothing are cheaply made rayon, etc...they are thin and pill. Rinna, Cuddle Duds, to name two. Ordered 1 item from each and soon returned. Cheap quality way over-priced.

Valued Contributor

I got this catalog today and it has cotton sleepwear. But not cheap. Cuddledown. I dislike wearing polyester shirts and I can't sleep in anything but cotton. I often bought men's pj bottoms and used a cotton tshirt but even these are harder and harder to find in all cotton. 

Valued Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

In years past, the Q offered a wide variety of nightgowns, robes, pjs, etc., especially by Stan Herman and Carole Hochman.  And they were mostly made of cotton.

I am hoping that QVC will bring back this type of merchandise.  None of the other shopping channels offer this type of apparel, either.  And the little they do offer is polyester and rayon.

I would think there would definitely be a market for this, so I really wonder why it isn't being offered.

I wish I could give this more than one star. I believe there are not more natural fabrics because they are more expensive. They think we won't buy, and their profit margin is down. They can make a ton of money selling their cheap fabrics as if they were high fashion.

Valued Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Rayon is ok, but polyester sleepwear is just plain nasty. It's too hot. I too wish that the Q would have more cotton sleepwear. Cotton sleepwear is getting more and more difficult to find in any store. LL Bean and the Vermont Country Store are the only 2 places that I know of that carry it.

Land's End still carries cotton sleepwear but their quality has gone down. 

Valued Contributor

I agree. I want fabric that breathes and isn't scratchy or fake feeling. I did find some nice AnyBody SeaWool Ribbed pants today that were poly/cotton. They even had long cardigans with 1 button that matched. i also liked that they had a button to close the cardigan. I hate to have to fight all the time with an open front anything that I have to keep tugging around me.

Honored Contributor

I am a natural fiber person, surely there are a few more of us.

May I add that I would like to see more natural fibers in general,

especially Cotton Knit Wear.  Please!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras