Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mods . . . Is it ok to discuss the current vaccination controversy?

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

From the Community Standards:

Please do not:

• post any Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not exclusive to, first or last names, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, QVC account number, or birthday;
  • initiate or engage in political discussions or discussions of a controversial nature;

I find it fascinating that they NEVER delete any threads on birthdays.  Why is that since it's so clearly stated it is not allowed? 

@Homegirl (and @mom2four0418), the rule prohibits posting of individual customers' birthdays as part of their posts, particularly in relation to order inquiries; it's for protection of privacy and PII, as stated.

ETA: Where do you see people posting about birthdays? I only visit a few of the forums regularly, but I've never seen a single birthday-related post, let alone a whole thread...

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Please do not:

• post any Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not exclusive to, first or last names, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, QVC account number, or birthday;
  • initiate or engage in political discussions or discussions of a controversial nature;

I find it fascinating that they NEVER delete any threads on birthdays.  Why is that since it's so clearly stated it is not allowed? 

@Homegirl (and @mom2four0418), the rule prohibits posting of individual customers' birthdays as part of their posts, particularly in relation to order inquiries; it's for protection of privacy and PII, as stated.

ETA: Where do you see people posting about birthdays? I only visit a few of the forums regularly, but I've never seen a single birthday-related post, let alone a whole thread...

If you are talking about posters acknowledging another's birthday, there are many posts. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Please do not:

@loriqvc,   Posting our birthday and our age is the same as posting our specific birthdate.    On most moderated sites requiring posters to be anonymous, it's not permitted.    The exact birthdate when combined with other personal details allows people to determine a poster's actual identity (and also, going beyond that, for identity theft).    Some posters scoff at the notion...  however, in fact, we've had cases of posters tracked down and contacted and even stalked and harassed.    I agree with @GingerPeach and @mom2four0418.    I've long been surprised that QVC overlooks the age+birthday posts, but of course it's their prerogative (although they should edit their Standards for Participation if they're going to permit it).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Here's one just from today.  Threads like this have been posted regularly for years, @loriqvc 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/55-Today-and-AARP-Ready/m-p/5376208#M1373796

Here's another one:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Happy-Birthday-lolakimono/m-p/5356490/highlight/true#M579540

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach - Thank you for the examples. I guess I haven't been "lucky enough" to be visiting the forums at the times when such things were posted.  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

My grandaughter took my great-grandson who is 2 months old to go get his vaccinations yesterday. So very proud of her Woman Very Happy