Honored Contributor

Re: I WISH THE TITLES WERE FIXED

[ Edited ]

It seems to me that titles should be fixed. 

If someone wants to respond to a different topic isn't that an indication for a new post rather than changing the title in the middle of an already existing thread ?

Isn't changing the title just another way of taking a thread OT?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I like the dots.  I don't need to see the title in every post.  Especially if it's a really long one.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

If someone wants to respond to a different topic isn't that an indication for a new post rather than changing the title in the middle of an already existing thread ?

@Drythe, Exactly!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I had no idea you could do that.  I have noticed it change throughout a thread, but didn't know how or why it was happening.  I don't see any reason why someone would do it except if you're responding to a specific point and don't want to quote the whole thing?  It doesn't really bother me, but if I had to choose, I would say you shouldn't be able to change it.  

Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

I like the dots.  I don't need to see the title in every post.  Especially if it's a really long one.

But @debic when you or I click on your name

to find your post on a topic

your whole posting history 

is dots and

anybody that quotes you has no topic

in their posting history either unless they change it

back from just dots everytime they quote you.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Yes @Drythe I see it could be that.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Re: ❓Mods:Fix TITLES OF REPLIES so they can't be edited?

[ Edited ]

@newziesuziewrote:

@debicwrote:

is dots and

I think that's the real problem.  It seems to me the only real function of this subtitle is to help us when we look at our Notification Feed or our activity (the list of threads we've posted on).  

If we remove that piece of data...  that "clue" about the topic we were discussing...  we then remove the actual purpose of the subtitle.    

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: ❓Mods:Fix TITLES OF REPLIES so they can't be edited?

@dooBdoo wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@debic wrote:

is dots and

I think that's the real problem, @newziesuzie.  It seems to me the only real function of this subtitle is to help us when we look at our Notification Feed or our activity (the list of threads we've posted on).  

If we remove that piece of data...  that "clue" about the topic we were discussing...  we then remove the actual purpose of the subtitle.    

@newziesuzie @dooBdoo and @Drythe, I agree. 

I generally use the notification feature to try to quickly reply to posts that I've received a notification about. -- But if someone has changed the thread's topic name, that slows me down because I have no idea what the thread is about. 

If I'm pressed for time and it takes a few days to reply to some posts, if I don't recognize the topic, then I may wind up not replying to it just because I'm doing things quickly.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@debic wrote:

is dots and

I open threads I'm interested in or threads I've posted in.  Rarely do I click on anyone's name to see their posting history. 

This is the only board I've ever been on that has the whole title in every single post.   I want that changed.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*