Esteemed Contributor

Re: Models - hands out of pockets!

@narcisse   I agree, Either the hands are in the pockets or they wear a jacket over it or it’s belted.  The reverse side of jewelry is seldom shown which is important to me with short hair. So I don’t buy. 

Valued Contributor

I agree!

I'll add - tucking-in the blouse - sometimes the complete front of the blouse is tucked-in.

One model does this all the time.

Can't see how the blouse hangs in the front, so I don't buy it.

Super Contributor

The hands jammed in the pockets, this trend of tucking the front of your top/blouse in..... ...makes for a sloppy look!

It doesn't entice me to buy, that's for sure.

Valued Contributor

Me too - I can't stand that front of the blouse tucked in look.  Makes me think the model is suffering from a hangover or migraine or something and doesn't want to make the effort to tuck in the whole blouse - what a pointless, banal style

Honored Contributor

yeah, I'll be glad when that falls out of style supposedly Meghan Markle started that ****.

she sure won't be doing that for awhile

Valued Contributor

Add to that for me, the constant pushing up of the sleeves.   Even on outerwear jackets, the hosts and models push the sleeves up.

Respected Contributor

I agree @narcisse , this is a peeve of mine too. Just because you have pockets doesnt mean you need to hang you hands in them, doesnt mean your gonna go around with your hands in your pockets just because they are there. It looks terrible, like 100 lb. weights, then when they do take their hands out, finally, the pockets are stretched out just hanging oddly. 

Who does that in a normal day, I never see it except on the Q.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   *eyeroll*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'While I'm here'..............

'Show me your waist bands and tummy area'.........(on pants).

All we see are pants' lower legs, which all look about the same, more or less, no matter which brand.

There are only a few models (Blair and Aday, etc.) who lift their tops to show their waist bands. 

Very important feature re: pants and jeans.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I think that the reason they have their hands n the pockets, is because the pocket don't lay flat if you walk, sit or even move  ... particularly the side seam pockets.  

So - hands in the pockets hides the problem.   

I always sew the pockets closed and remove any lining.