Super Contributor

Models - hands out of pockets!

I've noticed a trend wherein the models constantly keep their hands in the pockets of dresses that have pockets.  Personally, I would like to see how the dress falls and fits the silhouette without hands in pockets.

This was really out of control on the recent Susan Graver TSV.  It was an a-line dress that Susan bragged was slimming and framed the body.  How was anyone supposed to see that when most of the models constantly kept both hands in the pockets?  This was particularly apparent on the plus size models.

Yes, pockets are nice, but once the host has mentioned it and we the viewers have indeed seen models with hands in the pockets - for the love of peppermint, take the hands out of the pockets so we can see how the dress falls.

Never did get that TSV as I had zero idea of how it looked on a plus size.  Myself nor anyone else that I know walks around with our hands in pockets 80% of the time.  Most of the time, your hands are not going to be in pockets.  Enough of this madness.

Respected Contributor

Re: Models - hands out of pockets!

Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

POCKET MADNESS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely agree!!  I can see sticking hands in pockets when the garment is being described.  But standing with hands in pockets for any length of time?

Was just commenting to DD about this weird pose.  And several hosts do the same...Pat JD is one that always has one hand in a pocket.  Am not sure why, but it does nothing to enhance the look!!

Honored Contributor

I am sure there was a sufficent amount of time when their hands were not in their pockets. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not fond of when they wear the sunglasses either.  Maybe if they are modeling a swimsuit it would be okay.

Respected Contributor

One reason for hands in pockets when modeling a sleeveless garment is to hide the fact that the armholes don't fit properly, revealing the bra.

Trusted Contributor

Pockets, scarves, hair, jackets worn over what is being presented.  So many distractions, & why do they hardly ever turn around?

Respected Contributor

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 8.19.36 PM.png

I can see where doing it might help show the way a piece of clothing fits in shoulder and sleeve like here. 

Trusted Contributor

@narcisse  Yes, this has been a complaint of mine forever.  There are 2 or 3 in particular.  It's like their hands are glued into the pockets!