Super Contributor

Re: Merchandising For The Mature Woman

[ Edited ]

I noticed they don't seem to want to sell clothing to mature women who would like to purchase more classy clothing, too. However, I don't think QVC is marketing to young people either. To me it seems more for middle age overweight women. So much of their clothing selections are shapeless messes. Issacs boxy 3/4 sleeve T-shirt with ugly patterns TSV a couple of days ago is case in point. You can easily buy that junky stuff at big box stores for much less $.

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

I noticed they don't seem to want to sell clothing to mature women who would like to purchase more classy clothing, too. However, I don't think QVC is marketing to young people either. To me it seems more for middle age overweight women. So much of their clothing selections are shapeless messes. Issacs boxy 3/4 sleeve T-shirt with ugly patterns TSV a couple of days ago is case in point. You can easily buy that junky stuff at big box stores for much less $.

Thank goodness that QVC offers shapeless, boxy, ugly clothes for middle age, overweight women!  Classy indeed..

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Super Contributor

paixmcdao, sorry if I bothered your pudgy lady defences. However, I can & will say what I want regardless if someone wishes to attack me. Even if they worship QVC products with cult like abandon.

Respected Contributor

@Daffney   Please describe exactly the clothes you are looking for rather than the kind of person you are. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

I TOTALLY agree with your comments - especially the UNDERLINED ones.

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of clothes out there for everyone.  I do NOT understand the fuss and furor over this.  Buy what you like and will fit your lifestyle.  Why pigeonhole people by age when it comes what we wear to the grocery store? If you are appearing on the red carpet or the National Enquirer, well yes, that is different. 

I don't dress that much differently than I ever did.  It is just clothing I wear for my ordinary life.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @. Especially the Q and HSN don't just create for the young. They would go out of business if they weren't exclusive.