Contributor

Merchandising For The Mature Woman

I direct this complaint, hopefully with a resolution, to your merchandising staff who have totally ignored the generation that has made QVC what it is today..  The lack of fashion for the more mature audience is almost nonexistant; it is geared to a much younger age group with trendy styles that would look rediculous on the more mature, professional, cosmopolitan woman although you attempt to convince us otherwise; sadly, I have seen some women try to pull it off.  I would say Susan Graver comes very close to meeting our needs; however, it is only recently she is addressing causal wear.  We are relegated to Talbots, Chico's,  Lord & Taylor, Nordstroms, and other rather expensive brick and mortar stores. To a lesser degree, shoes are also an issue. We are here, and we have money to spend.  Unfortunately, QVC does not seem interested in this segment of the viewing audience.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Merchandising For The Mature Woman

@Daffney Not sure if you realize you just posted this already, the exact same thing?

Honored Contributor

@Daffney   Maybe because I am so "mature" that I hope never to go to work again, but I find that even the stores you mention don't have much to offer me. 

Seems as if the whole fashion industry still ignores the mature women -  sort of the way the whole industry offered little for me in the many years when I needed plus size that I would wear to work.  The great increase in those sizes took place just as I was retiring.  That was 2 decades ago, but I see few signs of what I wear now that are geared just to my kind of shopper. 

I almost don't blame them -  I have so much, I have little reason to buy anywhere near the quantities I used to.

Honored Contributor

@Daffney It is agains the rules to post the same exact thing on more than one forum, even if you change the heading. 

Honored Contributor

What's your definition of 'mature' @Daffney 

A certain age?  A certain status?  Working?  Retired???

Physically mature?  Mentally mature?  How they act?  Boring, Stodgy, Stuffy?

Who says anyone of any particular age  has to dress a certain way??

I think QVC has something for everyone....I am not young anymore, but have NO problems filling my closet from here at any age I have been.

I don't shop at ANY of the stores you mentioned....those clothes are NOT my style....so am I 'immature'???

Honored Contributor

@Daffney    I read post after post here complaining that QVC clothing design is too matronly and I, a matron, agree that it often is.  I personally think, however, that they have a nice mix to offer something for everyone.  In 20 years many of the present older customers will be gone and QVC management is trying to appeal to the younger generation in both the styling and type of merchandise they carry with the hope of making many permanent customers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Louis, Bob Mackie, Dennis Basso, and Joan Rivers were the designers I purchased from when I was buying fashions. I always preferred classic styles. Leisure attire and leggings are not my thing. 

Contributor

I don't understand; in 20 years those 40 year olds will be 60, even the hosts.  There will always be the more mature generation.

Respected Contributor

i was going to do a search.... but i'm a bit confused on exactly what is wanted

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@Daffney wrote:

I don't understand; in 20 years those 40 year olds will be 60, even the hosts.  There will always be the more mature generation.

And @Daffney ..by the same token as my mom would say...

there will always be MORE 20 yr olds to follow!  There will always be a younger generation as well!

I think QVC has a nice mix....some of us will retire and no longer need a wardrobe...they better keep offering fashion to the ones behind us as well ....