Mens Interest in purchasing at QVC Ignored

[ Edited ]

Dear QVC,

I have been purchaing from QVC for many years now and I normally do not complaint about QVC because to be quite honest, you are very good at what you sell in womens apparel, jewlry,electronics and home items but, I was sitting with a group of friends when a QVC commercial came on, and it was funny how we all said that QVC never sells for Mens clothing,watches like Movado,Omega or body and facial creams and colognes for men. we know that you go by the demographics of your most popular sales which are women but, it would be nice once in a while for the men to be able to see the items that I mentioned above to be showcased, you'll be surprised how many items would fly off your shelves if you did.

Thanks Again,

Respected Contributor

Re: Mens Interest in purchasing at QVC Ignored

@Carlitos63 I agree that there should be a men's hour. Women will buy during that hour for the men in their life as well as the men who would tune in to see what is being offered.

My husband is mostly responsible for the big ticket items we purchase. His favorite host is Dan. Maybe Dan could host a men's show.

Honored Contributor

Most of the customers are women who, except for gift giving, shop for themselves. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@On It   I think some men and some women would buy for their partners via a shopping channel.  For me, that would be a never.  Never buy, and very likely never even watch.  

Last time I bought clothing for the man in my life, every piece went back.  I get that -- it's been almost forever that I wish others would not buy me things to wear.  Definitely never clothing, and pretty close even, I don't want someone else picking out the jewelry I should wear.

I could change my mind if just once when this topic comes up on the boards, it would get lots of posts.  I do know team jackets and Tees seem to sell well, but week after week like Lori, Kim, or Isaac sales to women for women?  I am skeptical the company would get its investment back let alone make a profit.

Honored Contributor

@Carlitos63 

I've noticed lately more and more products for men being offered here on QVC, from men's fragrances, skin care and shirts from many brands, including Levi's, Lands End and other brands.

But I only check Q's products online, I never watch, so perhaps your post will alert them that they need to have more men's products in presentations, so everyone is aware of them.

Good suggestion!

And I'm another vote for Dan to host some of these shows!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forum @Carlitos63.

QVC is not ignoring men.  They can buy things they are interested in just as easily as women.  Men are interested in electronics, garden tools, gourmet food, tools, even Christmas decor, outdoor lights and decor, some of the gadgets.  Singles would also be interested in Christmas trees and decorations and small kitchen appliances.  

Why does QVC have to designate, these are for men, these are for women.  It's not necessary because both like many of the same things.  

During the past months I have been seeing quite a bit of men's clothing appearing online.  Yesterday, Dan presented Cuddle Dud's men's jersey pants on-air.  Anyone see NFL programs?  Maybe, we will see an hour of men's clothing in the future, but QVC knows it's buying audience and it is mostly women.  

Honored Contributor

Men's clothes are everywhere. Just like other every retailer, each has their target market. In Q's case, it's not men's products. 

Frequent Contributor

Forget it! Theres no money in it so QVC will not even consider it. Susan Graver, LOGO, etc. forever, and ever and.......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just realized QVC may not be able to track the number of men who are customers. My husband orders the bigger ticket items but orders them on my account. The Dyson fan, a Shark vacuum or two?, the large Hunter air filter, two different orders of metal garden hoses are some of his more current purchases. I forgot the Scott Brothers mattress. 

Perhaps he needs a separate account. He has bought lots of smaller items which add up over time. They possibly have no idea which purchases are driven by the men in our lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Many men do shop at QVC.  QVC is missing a target group.

I was surprised when my father passed away to find a QVC membership card in his wallet and a set of Cook's Essential cookware in the cabinets.