Contributor

Why isn't QVC and HSN presenting more men's items?  Men hate to shop.  Women do a lot of shopping for their men.  I think you guys are missing the boat with excluding this community. 

Honored Contributor

Because the majority of viewers are women, many of whom are single.  They are not interested in watching boring men's clothing.  They mostly enjoy shopping for themselves.  If QVC ever started televising men's or children's clothing, they'd lose most of the audience.  Its bad enough with the mattresses, computers and vacuum cleaners.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

With multiple channels between the two Qurate entities, one would't think the occasional hour devoted to something other than the same old stuff would be such a bad idea. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

It's not like they don't have men items online, and more vendor's seem to be getting on board. To that point Renee Greenstein the "Women with Control" just yesterday presented a mens long sleeve Baseball sweatshirt. But, I totally agree with @Kachina624 . 

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

It's not like they don't have men items online, and more vendor's seem to be getting on board. To that point Renee Greenstein the "Women with Control" just yesterday presented a mens long sleeve Baseball sweatshirt. 

Yes, Alberti modeled the sweatshirt, which was under the line "Men With Control."  So, maybe there's more to come. or more already there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Men's Market, why not?

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine my husband or son's wanting clothing sold on TV except for maybe a sports themed tee shirt or jacket.

They really don't branch out with their clothing choices.  They wear jeans and tee shirts, and have a few pairs of casual pants and shorts.

They don't have, want or need wardrobes or outfits.

My DH has some really nice suits and dress pants, shirts and ties and I have them covered with shields in the walk-in closet so they don't get dusty.

When men want somthing new in the shoes and clothing department, they want it immediately.  They go into a store, get what they want and leave.  Few men shop around for clothing.

With all the shopping channels on TV, not one offers men clothing except for a few items. If there was a need and it was profitable, they would jump on it.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, noticed Renee Greenstein is introducing some men's garments under "Men with Control," and a couple other vendors have popped men's items in on rare occasion. Maybe QVC is testing the waters to gauge viewer reaction. Personally, I like the idea. But I think QVC would be best served by separating men's and women's programming segments if this idea takes off. "QVC Now" is basically a shadow station right now. Perhaps that could morph that into QVC for men. I do believe there may be a lot of men (who, yes, probably despise shopping), who would get on board. There are so many other items besides apparel that could be presented.

Respected Contributor
My teenage son would like to see more mens Barefoot Dreams items.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

With multiple channels between the two Qurate entities, one would't think the occasional hour devoted to something other than the same old stuff would be such a bad idea. 

I agree.  Though women are QVC's target audience, they do a lot of shopping for men: think husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, in-laws, nephews...,

Valued Contributor

@Howscome There will be a lot more men's items on the way! Alberti is working with Barefoot Dreams, WWC and Truth Love World. I don't agree with the old school thinking that men should be limited to brick and mortar shopping only, especially since Covid. Hang in there, it's coming. :-)