Honored Contributor

Medicare Genetic Testing Scam

[ Edited ]

story on just on CBS just now about this,

and it's interesting

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/massive-medicare-fraud-offering-free-genetic-cancer-testing-may-cost-ta...

BTW  this happened at a medical office I know,  PT came in and asked the Dr, about it, good thing Dr. knew it was not real 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medicare Genetic Testing Scam

Thanks for sharing .

Honored Contributor

This is an old scam, been around for months now. I'd get robo calls for a while then they'd stop, now they're back.

It's amazing the subject matters of robo calls that folks 'buy into.' So many or most calls I get the 'caller' real or not barely gets words out before I give them the old 'hanging up on you now'.

Bye bye

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

This is an old scam, been around for months now. I'd get robo calls for a while then they'd stop, now they're back.

It's amazing the subject matters of robo calls that folks 'buy into.' So many or most calls I get the 'caller' real or not barely gets words out before I give them the old 'hanging up on you now'.

Bye bye

this was actually done face to face so it's a bit different but I was just interested after the initial post.  and b/c there are many constantly asking about these things wanted to follow up 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Bye bye

I do the same but mostly I just don't answer my landline anymore unless the TV is on and it shows that a family member is calling.  Cell is usually more nearby and I can see names of incoming calls.    Even funnier - years ago I used to get calls telling me of things Medicare will pay for - and I was in my 50s and didn't have Medicare!