Super Contributor

Re: Maybe teach your hosts not to be rude?

[ Edited ]

@LindaSalwrote:

I'm not one to say much about the hosts but Rachel, I just can't watch her.  She's very phony about her "love" for whatever product she's presenting and how she asks "so explain to me how this works????"  as if she doesn't know.  Sorry JMO.

@LindaSal -  Obviously she is not asking the question for her own benefit or because she doesn't know.  That is just simply her way of saying "tell the viewers how this works" but in a first person, conversational manner.  Jill Bauer also does this.  Although I am not a fan of Rachel's,  this doesn't bother me as many times those questions are exactly what I would be asking a sales rep myself if I were shopping in a brick & mortar store.

Esteemed Contributor

She does provide good information, but she frequently steps on vendors' presentations!!  But what I really don't like about her is how very loud her presentations are!!!   Usually change channels if she is the host....

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all of you!  Last night there was a presentation by the Energizer rep of a 3 fixture solar lamp post that looked absolutely loverly and I was very interested in hearing all about them. They were $199.00 each and I was thinking of replacing my regular solar lights so at that price I wanted to hear every word he said.  Well, long story short, Rick was acting like a maniac, talking over him etc.  I turned it off and did not buy.  QVC lost an over $400 purchase because a host could not be quiet long enough for the expert to talk.  

They are available ion Amazon and n Big Box stores so I will buy, but thanks to the host, not from QVC

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac - I saw that presentation but changed the channel before a vender appeared, and yes Rick sure was hyper and I lost all interest in what he was selling.

Trusted Contributor

For me personally, Rick is "click."  

Esteemed Contributor

I found QVC in 2003, and I've never watched a Rick show nor a Dan show. I have bought from the retired Dan but never watched a whole show of his, either. I've probably missed a thing or two. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am beginning to wonder if some of the hosts behaviors that people consistently complain about is all their fault. There is a producer talking in their ear the whole time, so what are they telling the hosts?

I believe the producers are requesting some of these strange antics.  Or at the least, approving of them.

Occasional Contributor

I get so tired of the hosts talking over the vendors, interrupting constantly, not allowing anyone to complete a sentence that I mostly turn it off.  The rudeness and poorly spoken hosts are too much to listen to.  People who speak for a living should make a point of learning some grammar and word use.  The lay/lie and I/me thing drives me nuts.  When the hosts make watching intolerable why doesn't the network do something about it?

Regular Contributor

I have been with QVC for many years, but I find that watching is now just tedious. Many of the hosts and some of the vendors are just too over the top. I am tired of hearing about the personal/family references of the hosts at every opportunity, and I am speaking particulary of Jane Tracey, OMG. I used to love PM Style but can't watch it with the new host. I even watch Isaac Mizrahi with the sound off, when I watch it.at all. Lisa Robertson may have been vain, but she was very intelligent. I don't watch nearly as much as I used to and if I shop, it's online. Too bad that the Q-V-C has been deminished by what you think consumers really want. This one doesn't.

Valued Contributor

Yes please do. If im watching for a product im interested in, i often find mysel getting so annoyed at the host because they keep talking over the vendor presenting the item. Usually, the vendor has more knowledge about their product and we as audience would like to learn a thing or two about the products so we can make a decision if we wanna buy or not. Now, if the hosts keeps interrupting, we cant do that can we? Teach the audience something about the product so they find it interesting. As soon as they start the presentation they go into colors and then tell us how low they already are. Some hosts seem to take over the entire show as if only they are allowed to say anything and others are not. Speak when its your turn. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop