Honored Contributor

May we have a category for music please?

[ Edited ]

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Topic category for music please?

What exactly is your question? What kind of music we love? For me, it’s always been classical (esp. Baroque), as well as rock and blues. I hate twangy country with singers who sing through their noses! To each her own, though. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Topic category for music please?

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE

If we have a “forum topic” (example: “Among Friends”)

‘we can post links there or just mention, by title, our favorite songs.

i edited the question. The question is: “May we have a category for music please?”

Esteemed Contributor

Re: May we have a category for music please?

After you posted your question, I was surprised to discover there wasn't already a forum category for music! Good suggestion, @LTT1.

Respected Contributor

This perfectly reasonable request has been asked for in the past; it is never granted (not sure why).

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2

I noticed that there was a request for a “book” forum and that request finally went through, except it did take awhile! 📚 

🎼 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1,  A couple of the moderators told us, within the last year, that there are no more plans to add new sub-forums.  "Book Club" already had been a separate category established in 2013, and it wasn't included when this new Community was launched in 2015 -- when the omission was noted it was added back as its own subject-matter area.

I would love to see an area devoted to music, and have said so many times before (many other posters have expressed this interest, too).   If anyone still wants to try, a good example is the way the "Travel" sub-forum finally was created.   It began as a very long and active thread and it generated so much interest that it blossomed into its own section.   

If someone wanted to start a music thread, with this same goal in mind, it could illustrate the amount of interest and the powers-that-be might be willing to reconsider a new sub-forum.   This has been suggested before, but no "takers" so far.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thanks! I will put my mind to this task!

What I’m thinking is that we are just “this far” from signing up for a digital monthly music plan.

Our plan would involve speakers and possibly “Alexa” or similar in-home assistant to respond to requests for songs.

I’m not satisfied with You Tube (we don’t have the “red” plan) and some of the others are just more of a hassle.

So, if having a music system is a possibility in someone’s home, maybe buyers would purchase the required systems from QVC! (he he he)