Occasional Contributor

May I sugggest that hosts pay a little more attention to the viewer/customer experience?

For example...when showing an item make sure to describe everything (like all food items you are getting ) or for example Shawn was presenting a hair dryier and when the guest was trying to explain how to use it she was blow drying her hair so that you couldnt hear what the guest was saying.  I have found that there is so much emphasis on being fun or cute or excited that the job that they are supposed to be doing (presenting)  is lacking.  I need to know as much about what I am buying before deciding to purchase...otherwise  why watch at all?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: May I sugggest that hosts pay a little more attention to the viewer/customer experience?

[ Edited ]

Almost all the Hosts presentations are now lacking essential  details .  There was a  christamas item  that I saw on air  and it even took Valerie P awhile before she mentioned the color choices other than the one color she had pointed to on display . 

You have to have your computer on any time you  might be interested in purchasing something , just so you can get the exact details and dimensions .

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: May I sugggest that hosts pay a little more attention to the viewer/customer experience?

@skatting44 wrote:

Almost all the Hosts presentations are now lacking essential  details .  There was a  christamas item  that I saw on air  and it even took Valerie P awhile before she mentioned the color choices other than the one color she had pointed to on display . 

You have to have your computer on any time you  might be interested in purchasing something , just so you can get the exact details and dimensions .

I agree and I refuse to do that @skatting44  If I'm willing to invest my time in watching a presentation I expect the host/salesperson to do their job and tell be all the pertinent information about the product. If I go into a B&M store I expect the sales person to know their merchandise. If not, I'm gone. Same with QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my opinion, why do they need Hosts ? Seems to me they would be better served by just letting the product Reps have air time  as long as they give all the details  such as specific dimensions .

Also here we go another  unannounced Free shipping day . I have been hoping for free shipping but this on & off unannounced is s bummer in that I just ordered  a couple of Christmas decorating items  yesterday , so again I missed out on  free shipping .

Honored Contributor

It's live TV.  I wonder if Shawn knew the vendor couldn't be heard.  Maybe, her producer told her to demonstrate the dryer. The producer should have told her to turn it off.

I think hosts are often personally blamed for things they are told to do.

Usually, they do tell us exactly what food items we are getting.  

Do agree there are some things hosts usually don't discuss.  One is thickness of the fabric.  

Overall, though, I don't think hosts concentrate on cuteness or having fun.  The specific program addressed here is an exception and I think it was designed by someone at QVC to be cute and fun.  Of all the hosts, Shawn may have been chosen because she would be best for this type of programming.  I think she did a good job. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee  you make valid points but most hosts are past the age of cute and act accordingly.

Honored Contributor

Might as well as speak to........

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Alberti is know for doing this too.  I was watching when a vendor interrupted him asking if she could please explain something that was being presented.