Occasional Contributor

Anyone interested in seeing Marvelush do a Mermaid blanket in kids and adult sizes?  TSV???

Contributor

Re: Marvelush Mermaid Blanket?

[ Edited ]

Yes, yes, yes.  Great idea.  My granddaughter would be over the moon.  Hope more ladies comment and the powers that be hear us! 

Respected Contributor

Nope, too static clingy for me.. If they could fix that I'd be in!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I love the idea for adults (there are lots of kid size available on Amazon) but I would want an adult size that is long enough to come to the neck, covering the shoulders. I hate throws that stop mid-chest. I don't want a cute but useless decoration, I'd want a cute practical, useful item.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Zulily had mermaid blankets in adult and kids sizes about a week,ago.  I wanted to get one  for my granddaughter, but they were all sold out except for the yellow/gold color.

i am looking for an adult size in purple or pink.  I'd buy one.

Honored Contributor

Pinterest had a lot of different mermaid blankets

Honored Contributor

The "adult sizes" are meant for 5' tall adults. Most of the mermaid blankets are made in Asia. If you are not very short, the "adult" blankets would not actually function to keep you warm much above the waist.

The photos look great - on small, slim, short Asian frames, not on 5'6-5'7 Western frames. I have also read complaints that the tail part even on the "adult" sizes is so narrow women couldn't get both legs in, or barely if the fabric was stretched uncomfortably.

I would like to find a company who makes these for Western bodies, or someone in the US who crochets or knits them to order. I love the idea, but wouldn't waste my money on what I've seen in the marketplace so far.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Why would any adult want to sit around the house dressed like a Mermaid?  As soon as you got into the thing, the phone or doorbell would ring or you'd remember something important you had to do in the kitchen.  Sorry, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment