Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart needs presentation coaching.

Well I finally BOUGHT something from the Q because of Martha @leenie lou - so I'd say she's doing everything right !!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

It appears to me that Martha is very natural and genuine in her presentations. Didn't see the Garden show, but she is so in her fashion. She doesn't put on for anybody, and I think with Martha, what you see is what you get.

I've seen Martha with quite a few hosts now, and I think she deserves credit for getting along very well with all of them. 

I think she's definitely going to be a success at the Q and a big money maker for them. 

Respected Contributor

@leenie lou- Don't know what show you were watching leenie lou, but it wasn't Martha and Mary.  I watched that show and it wasn't as you discribed. Martha was informative and pleasant, as was Mary. Martha likes to demostrate her products herself and show the potential customers how things work. She wasn't in a trance, that is just silly.  Martha is one of the few vendors I enjoy watching. No yelling, or trying to talk over the hosts. She gives you the info on a product and then demonstrates it easily. She doesn't take herself to seriously, she has fun too. When she is on with David V., she does her own version of the "happy dance" with him.  More power to her. She does a great job at QVC. I suspect she will be here for as long as she chooses.

Esteemed Contributor

@TeacupsConfident Martha Stewart is worth a lot more than only a billion! But, why is anyone's net worth important in the scheme of how they present themselves on QVC? I don't get your point? Who cares?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Martha is who she is.....she's not about to change. 

Valued Contributor

I enjoy her cooking presentations...however I really do not feel she  comes across liking people.I  also feel I will get my fashion advice slsewhere!!!

Honored Contributor

Do not care for the call-ins. Any of them!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

Actually,Martha could teach some Q hosts a few things. She's been doing TV and doing it well for a long time. She's very professional while some hosts are very unprofessional. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Veneziawrote:

Yeah...Martha will never be successful, if she's like that?  Right???  Someone better tell her to correct this behavior, if she wants a career in this.  (Like TV shows of her own, product lines in other retail stores...)

NOT.  Woman Frustrated

The OP didn't say MS wouldn't be successful. She is pointing out that she is hard to watch, and blundering in her presentations on the Q. I agree she is. I have tried to watch her on here several times, and it is like watching an amateur. It actually makes me nervous to watch her blunder through the presentations.

Ellen is very rich and famous, but her line really hasn't gone over big here. Celebrity doesn't make you a QVC queen. If people don't like to watch you in the QVC setting, they won't buy and you won't be here long. 

I personally get sick of seeing the hosts fawn all over Martha. 

In my opinion, I think a lot of the reason Ellen's line didn't do well was because Ellen thought  too highly of herself to make some trips to the QVC studio. Carolyn was always making trips to LA.

I know Ellen has to tape her show but I'm sure QVC could and would have probably been willing to have some of Ellen's shows on weekends.

Just made me think Ellen didn't care about the things she  (actually the hosts) were selling. She just was interested in the money generated.

Respected Contributor

Martha Stewart is always the same. I think she is naturally reserved - and what’s wrong with that? It takes all kinds to make a village.