Super Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart needs presentation coaching.

Aren't you sweet makena? Not!  What have you done in this world to make these judgements? 

New Contributor

Martha Stewart appears to only be concerned about getting her opion heard. It's like she ignores what anyone else says.....she tunes them out just waiting to get her opinion out. I noticed this way before she came to QVC.  She seems to be in her own little world (in a trance) until the other person finish speaking.

Honored Contributor

Martha has never been exactly warm and fuzzy.  She is informative, and I appreciate that much more than the fake shmoozing from the hosts.

Respected Contributor

I could do without the call ins.  They don't make me decide to purchase an item ever! Who knows who is calling in; many times I think they just want to tell the host or hostess how much they love them and that they are their favorite!  Some just want to hear themselves talk on tv!  

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

Martha has never been exactly warm and fuzzy.  She is informative, and I appreciate that much more than the fake shmoozing from the hosts.

Especially statements like " this will get rid of deep wrinkles, fine lines and lifting results!" Martha is a "matter of fact" person!!!! Tells it like it is!!!
Respected Contributor

@bonappetitwrote:

Aren't you sweet makena? Not!  What have you done in this world to make these judgements? 

Not making a judgement, just giving my opinion as everyone else is here.  Am I sweet?????  I think so, but are YOU making a judgement call about me???? 

What have I don in this world?  Not much really.  Not anywhere near what Martha has done.  But I'm not any less of a person than her or you ... we are all equal so don't judge.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeautywrote:
Tell Martha that while she's on her way to the bank! Don't think she needs any type of "coaching!" She's done very well in her life! She herself is a very very good coach.

Agree!

Martha Stewart has manners! Perhaps viewers are so used to hosts or quests interrupting each other most of us don't realize great manners when it's right in front of us. Martha never interrupts anyone; she waits silently until the other person is finished speaking. Only then, does she speak. And, she hasn't been dieing to make comments while the host was speaking! Not a "trance". She's relaxed and calm. Such a lovely change of pace from the frantic, giggling, non-stop talking, insanity of most hosts and guests who are unable to put a sentence together. The more I watch Martha Stewart, the better I enjoy her. And, I certainly love her fabulous clothing line! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Catch71wrote:

I could do without the call ins.  They don't make me decide to purchase an item ever! Who knows who is calling in; many times I think they just want to tell the host or hostess how much they love them and that they are their favorite!  Some just want to hear themselves talk on tv!  

@Catch71, Don't you love the callers that have ordered multiples of the item ? They bought 3 for themselves one for every family member, including their second cousin's great niece .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio@Mominohiowrote:

@Veneziawrote:

Yeah...Martha will never be successful, if she's like that?  Right???  Someone better tell her to correct this behavior, if she wants a career in this.  (Like TV shows of her own, product lines in other retail stores...)

NOT.  Woman Frustrated

The OP didn't say MS wouldn't be successful. She is pointing out that she is hard to watch, and blundering in her presentations on the Q. I agree she is. I have tried to watch her on here several times, and it is like watching an amateur. It actually makes me nervous to watch her blunder through the presentations.

Ellen is very rich and famous, but her line really hasn't gone over big here. Celebrity doesn't make you a QVC queen. If people don't like to watch you in the QVC setting, they won't buy and you won't be here long. 

Ellen is not Martha Stewart..  She is an impish comedian that dances silly and likes to pull mean pranks

She is not  an accomplished cook, baker, caterer, gardener. farmer, former fashion model, home decorator or the litany of things that Martha is or has accomplished. 

Honored Contributor

@hopiwrote:

@Mominohio@Mominohiowrote:

@Veneziawrote:

Yeah...Martha will never be successful, if she's like that?  Right???  Someone better tell her to correct this behavior, if she wants a career in this.  (Like TV shows of her own, product lines in other retail stores...)

NOT.  Woman Frustrated

The OP didn't say MS wouldn't be successful. She is pointing out that she is hard to watch, and blundering in her presentations on the Q. I agree she is. I have tried to watch her on here several times, and it is like watching an amateur. It actually makes me nervous to watch her blunder through the presentations.

Ellen is very rich and famous, but her line really hasn't gone over big here. Celebrity doesn't make you a QVC queen. If people don't like to watch you in the QVC setting, they won't buy and you won't be here long. 

Ellen is not Martha Stewart..  She is an impish comedian that dances silly and likes to pull mean pranks

She is not  an accomplished cook, baker, caterer, gardener. farmer, former fashion model, home decorator or the litany of things that Martha is or has accomplished. 

I'd spend a day with Ellen anytime over Martha. 

My comparison wasn't about their styles or personality differences, it was to substantiate that just because you are a rich and successful woman (and well loved/received woman...as they both are) doesn't mean that will translate to success on QVC. 

People have to like watching you in that setting. I felt that as much as I like Ellen, she failed miserably in her on air presentations, just for a different reason than Martha fails in them.