Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart and Hosts

@goldensrbest wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

With Martha, you really have to find a host who is willing to let her do the majority of the talking and who will smile/laugh at all her jokes while gazing at her adoringly. Yes, really. I truly admire Martha's wealth of knowledge and experience, and she has some great products, but she can be very awkward and domineering whether she's hosting her own show or working with others on their shows.

Well ,martha never laughs.

@goldensrbest   I bet she's a riot at a party.  Anyone who can be friends with Snoop Dog has a sense of humor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Martha came down on Amy a few weeks ago about something she said that Martha considered bad grammar.  Stopped Amy cold in her tracks as she was presenting. For once, Amy was speechless (but not for long).  :/

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

pommom, I've seen Amy say things that really shouldn't be mentioned on tv. Very unprofessional. Amy's like that.

Honored Contributor

Not a Kirsten fan either, but I saw the show with she and Kirsten and it wasn't a channel turner. Martha indeed is snooty IMO, but she likes how Kirsten looks in her clothes and Kirsten does let Martha do her thing.I have not bought anything from Martha clothes wise, but her decorations and garden products are really nice.

Respected Contributor

@bonappetit 

Unfortunately, only too true.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Most of Martha’s shirts look like what maternity tops looked years ago.

Super Contributor

leggett2, so do a lot of the "shirts" shown on QVC. People have tummies, are middle aged, etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Martha came down on Amy a few weeks ago about something she said that Martha considered bad grammar.  Stopped Amy cold in her tracks as she was presenting. For once, Amy was speechless (but not for long).  :/

@pommom 

Good for Martha....LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Alberti and Jill were very good with Martha.  Alberti had her laughing alot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonappetit wrote:

pommom, I've seen Amy say things that really shouldn't be mentioned on tv. Very unprofessional. Amy's like that.

@bonappetit 

I agree with what you said about Amy.  I remember a home decor show with Amy and and you could tell it was a subject that definitely did NOT interest her ....  she was ill prepared and you could tell the vendor was a bit irritated...so what did Amy do...she started switching heads on cookie jars---putting Santa's head on the Bear cookie jars body, and putting Santa's head on the Snowman's body...and she was giggling up a storm...childish and unprofessional!!! 

Amy, Jennifer, Kerstin are definitely NOT hosts to pair with Martha.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”