Esteemed Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart and Hosts

@jackthebear wrote:

@Didiville wrote:

You really should have hosts with Martha that sync. Jennifer Coffey is not the one.

not a big Kerstin fan but she and Martha work well together,

maybe Jen isn't into the house dec. stuff or outdoor things?

Hate to disagree....but i didn't think Kerstin worked well with Martha.....was all about her........as always....Jennifer and Martha don't seem too great together either.....i have seen a few hosts that work very well with Martha....Mary Beth, Alberti, even Rick, Antonella even had her laughing!!..............i like Martha....and i love that she really seems involved with the products she presents unlike most of the celebrity vendors...

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of Martha, I noticed that the Q added some of her new chocolate bunny resin figures to its inventory this week—they're fun, but all I can think of is how disappointed kids will be to see them and discover they're just for decoration:  Smiley Happy

Martha Stewart 10" Resin Chocolate Bunny Figurine - H218650

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

With Martha, you really have to find a host who is willing to let her do the majority of the talking and who will smile/laugh at all her jokes while gazing at her adoringly. Yes, really. I truly admire Martha's wealth of knowledge and experience, and she has some great products, but she can be very awkward and domineering whether she's hosting her own show or working with others on their shows.

Well ,martha never laughs.

@goldensrbest - Oh, she definitely laughs! I actually think her laugh is cute; it's something between a giggle and a chuckle that makes her seem very relatable in the moment.

@loriqvc @goldensrbest  Yes, she does laugh, but only at her own jokes. I enjoy her presentations even when she has her persnickety moments. She sure makes the hosts work hard though. I feel a little sorry for them. 

Frequent Contributor

Enjoy watching Martha shows...... she's not loud, silly, and just over the top too much...... This host was not the best with Martha ... she seemed nervous and not the best presenter of  products.

Respected Contributor

At any given moment any host out there could not "sync" with Martha. That's just who and how Martha Stewart is. I don't think she makes it easy for any of them.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Martha’s “tough,” “unapproachable” reputation of old is a hard one to kick.  I have watched nearly all of her shows on QVC and I think she is great.

She is not trying to be anyone’s fake sales friend.  She will not come out there kissing a host; she will not develop a shtick or dance or yell “OWW!!” She is attempting to present the best products in a way that makes sense and shows them in their best light.  I think she treats the viewer with much more respect than most of the other vendors that have been on QVC for years.  

I think Rick, Antonella, Alberti, and Jill have been marvelous with her. The others seem intimidated and try too hard.

I have loved everything I’ve purchased from her thus far — top quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Martha and Pat appeared very comfortable - Jen is too young.  Best to put Martha with Jill (who appreciates decorating) or Mary Beth or some age range.  Not Antonella please!

Super Contributor

Martha has a great sense of humor and laughs at herself. I don't see her snooty or whatever.

She is the best & very good at what she does. Love Martha!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

With Martha, you really have to find a host who is willing to let her do the majority of the talking and who will smile/laugh at all her jokes while gazing at her adoringly. Yes, really. I truly admire Martha's wealth of knowledge and experience, and she has some great products, but she can be very awkward and domineering whether she's hosting her own show or working with others on their shows.

Well ,martha never laughs.

Martha is so blase', laid back and easy going, she over compensates for all the silly hosts who giggle as part of their talking routine!!

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

no one can sync with Martha....she is snooty and condescending 

@avid shopper   I don't find Martha to be thst way at all.  I think she's a bit shy and uncomfortable in new situations with people she doesn't know.  Once she settles in, she warms up and is very friendly.  You can't beat the quality of her merchandise; I think she's a great asset to QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment