Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart and Hosts

On one of Martha’s at home tv shows, she had soft covers on her sofas for her dogs. Forget the decor. Her pets came first.  I became a member of Team Martha right then.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was surprised but Rick Domeier worked well with Martha.  He was manic as ever but she seemed amused.  I think she likes working with a certain type of man, e.g. Snoop Dogg and Conan O'Brien - men that are bad boys or slightly immature.

Contributor

Frankly, not many sync with Martha. It's not the hosts, it's her.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thilnk Martha has a great sense of humor but it's more controlled at times and tends to get hidden but comes out when you least expect it.  Martha is a leo so it's definitely in her.  If you've ever seen her show with Snoop you'll see another side of Martha.  She did a promo recently with Snoop for their new season where they spoof that famous scene from Titanic. If you google it, you can watch it.  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

I could run through this thread and give half the posts hearts.  I'll tell you one thing, I could never work with her or for her.  Her attitude keeps me from buying anything from her.  These newer hosts knock themselves out to get it right and she still constantly corrects them.  

Regular Contributor

I like Martha!  I like her presentations which are to the point, explains the product, gives you ideas but doesn't go over board with all of the BS like Suan Graver and Lori Goldstein!  Martha's clothes are very well made and high quality. I also like the fact that she doens't fall all over the host with the kissing and hugging and all of that neausating behavior.  She is a class act.

As far as hosts that work well with her, forget Jennifer Coffey as that is not a good thing, Alberti giggles all of the time and falls all over Martha, Kerstin Lindquist is too stuck on herself and not Shawn Killinger as I think she frustrates Martha with her antics. I will never watch a show with Rick!

I like to see her with Mary Beth, Jill or even Jane Tracey.

Trusted Contributor

@Peridot wrote:

I like Martha!  I like her presentations which are to the point, explains the product, gives you ideas but doesn't go over board with all of the BS like Suan Graver and Lori Goldstein!  Martha's clothes are very well made and high quality. I also like the fact that she doens't fall all over the host with the kissing and hugging and all of that neausating behavior.  She is a class act.

As far as hosts that work well with her, forget Jennifer Coffey as that is not a good thing, Alberti giggles all of the time and falls all over Martha, Kerstin Lindquist is too stuck on herself and not Shawn Killinger as I think she frustrates Martha with her antics. I will never watch a show with Rick!

I like to see her with Mary Beth, Jill or even Jane Tracey.

Alberti was just about slobbering all over her when they were on together.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I could run through this thread and give half the posts hearts.  I'll tell you one thing, I could never work with her or for her.  Her attitude keeps me from buying anything from her.  These newer hosts knock themselves out to get it right and she still constantly corrects them.  

I agree. Her products are SO overpriced, and her blouses look like maternity tops. I CAN'T stand her and would NEVER buy any of her items.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

Martha and Amy work really well together! I watched them and can see Martha really loved Amy and how she wore and styled her clothes. I did not order anything not my style.. I actually enjoyed the show too!