Esteemed Contributor

Management Please train Hosts how to display jewerly

[ Edited ]

Was the Gem day a repeat video of last time  it was Gem day ?  The same poor presentations of the  expensive vault  pieces. Can you please as the Hosts to show the inside of the rings or back of earrings . For the $2,000-$4000 price pieces, I would expect to know if the inside of the pieces are  finished off and what is the clarity, color of the diamonds . I am not interested in buying unless I get a full tour.  Maybe your staff could review some  vintage clips from Evine/SHOPNBC   or hire someone  who is more professional. All I heard was chatter and  then , the Affinity Rep was cut off by the  one HOst and poof the Rep was gone. The Affinity  special diamond earrings, no HOst ever showed the  earring basket from the side . I wanted to see how much it stuck out or if it was open .  Please  , stop all the yucking it up  and  give justice to the  vault presentations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Service PLease train Hosts how to display jewerly

@skatting44   You may have a point but training hosts is not a customer service function.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I know this frustrates some viewers whether it’s jewelry or handbags or whatever.

how much it affects sales is something I never tried to keep track of even if I could, but I have to laugh when someone complains an item sold out before they could order and that means QVC lost a sale.  Did they really?

I

Regular Contributor

Antonella Nester was the one host who could really show jewelry. I always thought she was so informative and pointed out feature I didn't even know about. But of course they let her go. Nancy Hornback is a GIA graduate gemologist. I didn't watch any of the shows so I don't know if she was on air. In fact I rarely watch any more. I don't care for most of the hosts & the products offered are either out of my budget, don't have my size or I just don't like. I might order one product a month.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@skatting44   You may have a point but training hosts is not a customer service function.

Thanks for the FYI.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Management Please train Hosts how to display jewerly

@skatting44 - Some hosts need training, period. Regardless of a specific genre, e.g., jewelry, clothing, beauty, etc., some hosts need training. Even some who have been a host for some years would benefit. Won't name names, but watched two, very briefly, yesterday and both were disasters. One has been there for some time, and the other has been there a year or so (my first time watching her presenting.)

As mentioned in many posts, many times in the years, the producers aren't doing their job either.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@skatting44 - Some hosts need training, period. Regardless of a specific genre, e.g., jewelry, clothing, beauty, etc., some hosts need training. Even some who have been a host for some years would benefit. Won't name names, but watched two, very briefly, yesterday and both were disasters. One has been there for some time, and the other has been there a year or so (my first time watching her presenting.)

As mentioned in many posts, many times in the years, the producers aren't doing their job either.

Agree you have a point.  I just don't get it. If the Q  thinks they are a retailer for  expensive  $1,000-$4,000+  jewelry in these times when many are out of work  , they might want to educate their Hosts in how to dispaly it so that us customers at home who cannot touch the item  get a full tour.  Neither JT, CK, PD,   did the items justice. I thought that PD would atleast  make note of the style  of the morganite earrings that they were l nice ever backs   other  than just  the color. They could have read the description .  Is it the Producers who provide Hosts with those cards  that are supposed to contain info. Q get your act together .

Honored Contributor

Give justice to ALL the jewelry presentations.  I'm not in the market for a $2,000 to $4,000 piece, but I buy lower priced jewelry like crazy.  A simple thing like a finished gallery on the back of the ring determines which size I buy.  

Honored Contributor

I think hosts are trained to not show the backs, undergalleries, sides, etc. So many are not finished, don't have enough gold/silver for the size of the stone, or it's where the vendor skimped to save money.  

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting, that on HSN tonight Rarities  gems by Carole Brodie  she  repeated what  a son of Harry Winston told her " that the back of a piece of jewelry  should be a beautiful and finished off as the front" . Guess, that Harry Winston knew a thing abt  jewelry . The Carole Brodie pieces are not real gold but she  understood the  importance of this  wisdom pearl from Harry Winston .