Frequent Contributor

Made my first purchase and I REGRET IT

So I made my first purchase of the paper towel holder on July 20th, received it Friday,

July 24th so far so good, well it was scarctched beyond belief and so had to wait for USPS on Monday to hand it off. Returned it MOnday July 27th, and I have been checking on the tracking as to where it is and the status but that stupid return label is so bizarre and it does not track like a regular tracking number usually does. So I have no info as of today (9 DAYS LATER) AND NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE AND NOW A RED BANNER ACROSS MY SCREEN SAYS OOPS!! SOMETHING WENT WRONG CALL CS. What the heck is this dumb process . . . I thought they would have stellar service but it is far from that. Amazon they are NOT!!!! I want my money back ASAP.

Valued Contributor

Re: Made my first purchase and I REGRET IT

I have been a QVC shopper for probably 30 years and I've never had as many problems with returns as I've had over the last several months.  I had the exact same thing happen to me.  I returned an item using the QVC return label and the item has completely disappeared.  I am not holding out hope that my return will ever be processed.  For that reason, I have decided that if I decide to return something to QVC, I will pay for the return postage on my own and I will use UPS so I can get a proper return tracking number and insurance coverage as well.  For that reason, I will only be ordering from QVC on a very limited basis from here on out.  By the way, the item that went missing was dropped off at the post office on June 1st.  It has completely disappeared.

Honored Contributor

@libdem   QVC uses an incredibly slow shipper called Newgistics.  You track it through this website:  https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

It takes a long time to hand it over to the post office where it will start tracking again.  It will take a while before you're credited.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueeich wrote:

I have been a QVC shopper for probably 30 years and I've never had as many problems with returns as I've had over the last several months.  I had the exact same thing happen to me.  I returned an item using the QVC return label and the item has completely disappeared.  I am not holding out hope that my return will ever be processed.  For that reason, I have decided that if I decide to return something to QVC, I will pay for the return postage on my own and I will use UPS so I can get a proper return tracking number and insurance coverage as well.  For that reason, I will only be ordering from QVC on a very limited basis from here on out.  By the way, the item that went missing was dropped off at the post office on June 1st.  It has completely disappeared.

@sueeich   Since it has been that long since you returned your order you should contact the Social Team by email at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.  They are very helpful.

You can track your oder at https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Returns are extremely slow. I've been waiting 3 weeks for one return & almost 3 for another. I believe you will get your refund eventually! For the present time I am only purchasing what I already have tried & liked.
Trusted Contributor

For a return, no matter what company, I drop it off at the P.O. and get a receipt.  That has a tracking #.  Of course, I'm fortunate to have a small P.O. very nearby.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG thank you for giving me that link to pitney bowes. The tracking # they give you on the receipt at the USPS is useless, I feel soooo much better I can see where it is. YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY!!!   xoxoxoxoxo

Honored Contributor

It's sad that QVC can't do better with returns.  I had to return something to Land's End recently.  (I NEVER have to return anything to them, but they sent the wrong item). They told me to use their return label and the same shipping container, which I did.  It was via USPS.  Every day, since then, I receive an e-mail from the post office updating the progress of the package on its way back to Land's End.  I don't have to track it myself.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

@sueeich   Since it has been that long since you returned your order you should contact the Social Team by email at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.  They are very helpful.

You can track your oder at https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

I did that already and they were unable to track the item either.  I did make a copy of the label before I attached it to the package, but the tracking still says nothing.  I physically put the package in the package bin in the lobby of my post office - when you close the door it drops into the room behind it so somebody can't steal it.  The only thing I can think is that a post office employee stole it.  Interestingly enough, I logged onto my QVC account "order status" a couple of days ago in order to check the return status.  It actually came back with something to the effect that it had been "picked up by an agent" on July 17th.  I tried doing that again today and I got a message saying "Oops!  There's an error" and to try calling customer service.  So really not sure what's going on.

Honored Contributor

I rarely use Q's label.  It goes by parcel post and can take forever to get to to Q.  And it doesn't have tracking. These kinds of labels are usually moved from post office to post office by third parties, no relation to USPS.  They move things when enough items are there so it's profitable for them.  So things can sit for days or a week before moved to the next location.

I always pay my own postage.  I go to USPS.com and pay/print my flat rate priority mail label.  I keep a small supply of priority flat rate mail envelopes and flat rate boxes.  They can be picked up for free at a post office or you can order online for free delivery (they take up to 10 days to arrive).  If they fit in the mailbox, I put it there early afternoon and the carrier will take it for me.  If it's a box, I either watch for the mailman or put a note on the mailbox asking him to tke the box I put on the steps.  

Priority mail moves faster and is handled just by USPS.  You can also track it every step of the way.  I feel better about priority mail than a retailer's slow moving un-trackable label.