Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@Catastrophe   Is it the Irish part you object to? How about all the Italian gold presentations? Or the ones from Israel? Or India? What exactly is your point?

@zitawins   Great point.

This is the 2nd post @Catastrophe has made stating the same misconception.  I really don't think this person actually watches QVC at all.  Or, is just trying to instigate something.

"The Find" (a program just like the 50/50 Tour) went on for several months, and it's second incarnation just wrapped up very recently -- USA businesses.  Small Business Spotlight -- USA businesses.  

There are both long-time and new brands of Made in America products in a variety of shows.  They are under many genres, including home, beauty, jewelry, handbags, fashion, accessories, etc.  I see them presented all the time on QVC.  

Valued Contributor

Always nice to have a variety of shows, especially theme shows.  Now is a perfect time for QVC to promote Made in America.

Trusted Contributor

The Op is not against an Ireland Day or Italian Day. She is just saying it would be nice to have a whole day of products Made in America. What is wrong with that?  A great idea.

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

The Op is not against an Ireland Day or Italian Day. She is just saying it would be nice to have a whole day of products Made in America. What is wrong with that?  A great idea.

Yep and there's a difference between made in America and an American business. Amazon is an American business but they're not limited to products made in America. It seems some here respond before making sure they understand.

Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@Catastrophe   Is it the Irish part you object to? How about all the Italian gold presentations? Or the ones from Israel? Or India? What exactly is your point?

@zitawins Well that's pretty obvious:  We need a Made in the USA Day -- or several.  Why try to make it something it's not?

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would be nice to have a Made in America day, maybe once a month.  I don't remember The Find program that someone described as just like the 50 in 50 Tour.  The 50 in 50 Tour was in 1995, 26 years ago!

I googled "the Find" and according to QVC's parent company, Qurate, it is an international product search, so it has nothing to do with American manufacturing.

https://www.qurateretailgroup.com/newsroom/pressrelease/qvc-and-hsns-the-big-find-international-prod...

Honored Contributor

Re: Made in America

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@geegerbee wrote:

Yep and there's a difference between made in America and an American business. Amazon is an American business but they're not limited to products made in America. It seems some here respond before making sure they understand.

@ThinkingOutLoud   True.  Here's a very small list from my purchases of some great Made in America brands I've personally found here, except a La-Z-Boy (I have not purchased a La-Z-Boy).  I've seen other products presented that get a mention of made here in America -- usually a home show -- but I cannot remember the brands.

Beekman 1802 

America West Jewelry 

Surf's Up Candles

Finding Home Farms

Whish Beauty

Alex & Ani Jewelry

All-Clad Cookware

La-Z-Boy (assembled in USA, but parts are both USA and international)

American Leather Co. has the current Big Deal yesterday or today, and the vendor said they are also sourced all in America, 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

American Leather Co. has the current Big Deal yesterday or today, and the vendor said they are also sourced all in America, 

Please look at the product page for the American Leather Co. Big Deal @Caaareful Shopper.. It states the item is imported.

https://www.qvc.com/American-Leather-Co-Kansas-Leather-Crossbody-with-Coin-Purse.product.A394633.htm...

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Please look at the product page for the American Leather Co. Big Deal @Caaareful Shopper.. It states the item is imported.

https://www.qvc.com/American-Leather-Co-Kansas-Leather-Crossbody-with-Coin-Purse.product.A394633.htm...

@NYCLatinaMe  Yes, I see that also.  However, the vendor said the tannery is just outside Albany, NY, and "all bags are crafted from leather sourced in the US." 

Perhaps the metal is imported?  Or, all the materials are USA, but they export them for the labor?  I don't know.  

American Leather Co. Kansas Leather Crossbody with Coin Purse - QVC.com

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe  Yes, I see that also.  However, the vendor said the tannery is just outside Albany, NY, and "all bags are crafted from leather sourced in the US." 

Perhaps the metal is imported?  Or, all the materials are USA, but they export them for the labor?  I don't know.  

American Leather Co. Kansas Leather Crossbody with Coin Purse - QVC.com

Their legal disclosure is "imported", so they are not manufactured in the U.S.  You wrote now that the rep stated the "leather sourced in the US".  That just means the animals are grown and slaughtered in the US, and the leathers sent elsewhere for the manufacture of the bags.  Not something to brag about exactly.