Highlighted

I've  been a QVC shopper since the 1990's. Lately it's  really bothered me when I open a box and it's  labeled Made in China. Charge us more and make your products in the USA.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Baysha   But I bet most will not want to pay higher prices to get made in America!   That is why so many moved to other countries because in order to stay in business they had to make their products lower in price. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Seems to me it's been that way for a long time and not just at QVC.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mass production, and maximum profit with low overhead is what compelled them to move manufacturing there. We simply do not have a workforce willing to work for cents on the dollar, as China does.😐

We would not be able to enjoy shopping as we know it, if all businesses moved back. It's just not feasible. The mere cost of returning is cost prohibitive for most--building factories, tariffs on raw materials, taxes, etc...

I'd be willing to pay more only if the QUALITY was superior to current levels, for many items-especially electronics.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Charge us more you say, how will you feel if and when that really happens.  

Most won't like it.

Right now the very "In" thing to do is to get on the Made in America Bandwagon and while I do not disagree in theory, we are a global economy like it or not.  If we want people to buy our stuff, we darn well better be prepared to buy theirs.

I often hear people say, I am never buying anything made in China again.  Brace yourself and put your electronics down because that is where a bunch if not most of them are made.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Start building those textile mills, sewing factories, factories for making computer parts, people to work in these factories and a host of other things. It really is not that easy to just say make these things in America. You need a lot of backing and money for these things to happen. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Start building those textile mills, sewing factories, factorie for making computer parts, people to work in these factories and a host of other things. It really is not that easy to just say make these things in America. You need a lot of backing and money for these things to happen. 

and what you'll find out is few areas want a textile mill, a mill that makes the fibers, etc. in their backyards. I remember when American Viscous closed years ago and everybody was first unhappy about the lost jobs, but 25 years later it dawned on everyone that they were also the biggest polluters.  Same goes for the Dow chemicals, Phillip Morris, Allied, etc. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ    Would you want a job in a textile mill or sewing factory?  We had those jobs but got a better educated workforce and they don't want those jobs.  We have insufficient manufacturing capacity to make many products.  We do have companies that make the parts that go into Chinese-assembled electronic devices.  Ever hear of Intel?  They employ 4,000 people in my town but they're highly skilled jobs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If consumers are fed up enough and stop buying, it will happen.  

Greedy companies moved there because of cheap labor.  Their incentive wasn't to give consumers lower prices, it was to line their stockholders and their own pockets. 

Americans lost millions of jobs.  We don't need to depend on other countries to make our products.