Esteemed Contributor

Would it be possible to consider creating a new forum where people can post pictures?

Yes, I know that we can do that on any thread, but when a thread is started about, say, phones, and the thread gets flooded with pictures of anything and everything but, page after page of nothing but pictures, it can discourage people from posting on said thread.

Also, with scams being rampant these days, it seems like a new one is cropping up every day.

Maybe a forum could be created just for alerting about that.

Lastly, maybe a forum to talk about the latest celeb who passed away.

Just my thoughts, and I know that not everybody will agree with these suggestions, and that's fine, as long as the powers that be consider them, that's fine.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MODS: I Have A Suggestion

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Would it be possible to consider creating a new forum where people can post pictures?

Yes, I know that we can do that on any thread, but when a thread is started about, say, phones, and the thread gets flooded with pictures of anything and everything but, page after page of nothing but pictures, it can discourage people from posting on said thread.

Also, with scams being rampant these days, it seems like a new one is cropping up every day.

Maybe a forum could be created just for alerting about that.

Lastly, maybe a forum to talk about the latest celeb who passed away.

Just my thoughts, and I know that not everybody will agree with these suggestions, and that's fine, as long as ...

Best of luck with those ideas @Plaid Pants2.

Time after time I've read posters here state they don't care what forum something is posted in.

Personally, I wish the 'celebrity' chat about who's dating who, who died, who's pregnant, and who donated what to where would all move to TV & Movies, which should be re-named 'Performing Arts & Artists' so music, dance, theater, etc would be covered under one forum. 

Honored Contributor

Agree!!!

But I think the celebrity death report should be a contest to see who can post it first!!! Woman LOL

(Yep; snark.)

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree!!!

But I think the celebrity death report should be a contest to see who can post it first!!! Woman LOL

(Yep; snark.)

@faeriemoon Aww the game of who can post it first. Yes I see that one all over the forums. Current events and on and on. 

Honored Contributor

When I go into a thread where the OP is looooong strings of large photos - like 10+ - I haver zero interest - like pages of huge pics of handbags, shoes, some designer’s new stuff - BUT what I see in the subsequent posts is people thanking the OP for posting them, so I’ve concluded that there are posters who like those threads. They bug the kwap outta me, but I just pass them up. I figure that if a lot of people were annoyed by them they would have already reported them, yet they keep showing up and nothing’s done, so I assume mods are okay with them. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree!!!

(Yep; snark.)

Yeah... like poor Tom Petty was declared dead hours before he actually passed away.   Very poor form... but FIRST!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have to say I disagree.  While I do think topics should be kept to the proper forum, like not posting about fashion in Home or Community,  I don't think we need a separate forum for every little thing. 

There is nothing wrong with scams being posted in Community.  A separate forum just for that would have such little activity, it just seems silly to me.

As far as the pictures, the bigger problem to me is when posters insist on copying those photos to respond and the same photos ended up copied in a thread 5+ times. 

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree!!!

(Yep; snark.)

Yeah... like poor Tom Petty was declared dead hours before he actually passed away.   Very poor form... but FIRST!!!!

@SarahW, in those posters defense, and no I wasn't one of them, he was declared dead by supposed reputable news sources so it really wasn't their fault.  I saw it come up as breaking news on my MSN homepage before I saw it on the board.