Honored Contributor

Lunchtime Specials- how about this?

Sometimes when I buy a LTS and get it home, it’s terrific, or not quite right, or so perfect I want a second color, or would make a perfect gift for someone who wears a different size, etc.

Often, in such a case, I look up the item to purchase a second example of the same item and find that the restored price is MUCH higher than the LTS price.

So I ask, would it be possible to allow LTS purchasers to purchase the SAME ITEM a second or third time at the LTS PRICE within a few days after receiving the first item at the LTS price?

I would be purchasing more if that option were available to me.

Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lunchtime Specials- how about this?

Excellent idea, @violann!

Honored Contributor

@violann

We have had this discussion before & I agree with you.

It would be like being able to get a sale price - during the sale period of course. 

They could limit it to maybe - say within 30 days of your original purchase or something like that.

Why not do it with the TSV while we're at it LOL!

While I understand the limited time period to create a sense of urgency & therefore push purchasing, this is different. There are shipping costs involved both ways. I'm not going to pay shipping on 6 of something not knowing if I'm going to love it or not. But, after seeing & feeling the first one, I would be more apt to buy if I loved it.

Respected Contributor

@violann  That is a terrific idea, but I'm sure no one will listen.  I also think some sort of customer appreciation would be nice too..  Maybe an email to customers for a 10% off any item or a free shipping day exclusive to their "valued customers".   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@violann  That is a terrific idea, but I'm sure no one will listen.  I also think some sort of customer appreciation would be nice too..  Maybe an email to customers for a 10% off any item or a free shipping day exclusive to their "valued customers".   

@CAcableGirl2

GREAT suggestion!!!

I have never understood companies. They do all these promotions to entice new customers but NOTHING to reward their long term customers.

Cable companies are famous for this.

Discover Card is matching your cash back bonus for new customers - HEY, WHAT ABOUT ME????? I have been with you for 25 or so years!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY QVC, I have been with you since the 80's!!!!

Respected Contributor

All of my LTS purchases have been winners; I've been really lucky.  I guess that gives me the confidence to order multiples of the same item the first time it appears as an LTS, as I'm also aware that the prices go way up the next day.  I'll sometimes order an item in two or three different colors if I really like it.

That being said, oftentimes LTS items are offered more than once.  I've seen that happen many times.  If you get an item home and wish that you ordered it in another color or two, hang in there, as it will likely appear as an LTS again a few weeks later.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James