Occasional Contributor

Lunch and Prime Time Specials.

Is anyone else TIRED of the ‘specials’ offered during lunch or prime time? QVC just keeps recycling the same old, same old. The items offered during these times seem to be those that just wouldn’t sell any other way, yet QVC still wants a premium price.

My purchases from QVC have significantly slowed because I have found their merchandise to be boring and/or overpriced. With free shipping from so many other sites, it’s a wonder QVC hasn’t been more creative in keeping their regular customers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lunch and Prime Time Specials.

I am definitely tired of seeing the same things over and over. I can remember when I first started shopping with the Q, about three years ago, I was always excited to see the afternoon and evening specials. I got a few really good deals back then. Now, I don't even look on some days. A $45 tee shirt is not a special! Especially if it's been on "special" for months. Times for some fresh merchandise.

Contributor

I couldn't agree more! I have been a QVC shopper for about 20 years and use to enjoy shpping here. Now I look and just see overpriced items and high shipping costs. Rarely shop here anymore.

Valued Contributor

I finally just quit watching. I've seen enough Logo, SG, shoes, Diamonique, gold plated, dust catchers, plants & purses. I refuse to pay a high price for a t-shirt. I don't wear sandals, so a show with nothing but, is gone. High end blenders, pots & pans that can hold a dozen eggs, not for me, a radio that costs about $500.00 is not what I'm looking for either. I don't want or need a 60" TV. It's all stuff I have no interest in, so after watching since 1990, I'm done. I check the 2 specials online, but 104 Logo shirts and pants items, and I'm off to another website. It's gotten old and tired. There just isn't anything that catches my interest any more. Years ago I got 2 cast iron trivets on the Lunchtime specials at a good price and no shipping. Now, there's nothing. 

Respected Contributor

I kinda like the Lunchtime and Primetime Specials as I find some great deals...There are times when I see the same items featured over and over but I just keep a lookout for the new deals.  Today I found a large hurricane on special that was half price. I also purchased several items that I will give as gifts for those special occasions.  I had these items on my wishlist for months waiting for the price to drop. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree with you all. I use to check it daily and made purchases in the past. I don’t bother anymore.
Respected Contributor

I've bought a few items on these specials, but agree, a lot of these prices REALLY need to be slashed.  HSN seems to move items out with some deeply discounted prices, QVC doesn't seem to do that as much.  The same pieces keep popping up night after night, such as a Lisa Rinna foil striped tee shirt and a gold byzantine style ring.  It doesn't make sense to me to hold onto older stock and let it collect dust on a shelf.  Slash the prices already and move that inventory.

Respected Contributor

I check the lunchtime and primetime specials everyday. I don't always find a good deal. But, I recently purchased an Isaac Mizrahi $140.00 cashmere pullover sweater for $46.00!!! That was a deal I just couldn't pass up!

Honored Contributor

This past Monday there were about 35 Logo tops that were still priced higher than they should have been.  They really need to mix it up.

Another day this week they were offering Liz Claiborne.  Seriously?  Donate them to Goodwill.

However those specials are the place to go if you're looking for a foil Rinna shmatta and a gold byzantine ring!!! Woman LOL