Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wildlifewitch.    Sorry, but I've been shopping at HSN almost 30 years and have never gotten a coupon code for a discount.  I do not have a HSN credit card, which us where I suspect their loyalty begins and ends.

@Kachina624- I don't have an HSN credit card and I get discount codes all the time.  I usually don't use them, but I did use two different ones in the past couple of weeks.  One was for $10 off a $30 purchase (one time only)  and the other was $5 off a $20 purchase (can be used more than once until 11/26). 

I didn't even know about the $5 coupon until I happened to look at my account details.  It was good timing, as there were things I wanted to order; I never order something just for the sake of "saving" money.

Honored Contributor

@Neetgal2 wrote:

Just like our cable company, my rate keeps going up but there are TONS of discounts out there for NEW subscribers  only.

@Neetgal2- Yep.  Doesn't that just get on your last nerve?  Hearing about all the great discounts for NEW subscribers?  My DH won't hear of cutting the cord with our satellite company.  If it were just me, I would.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I have also been shopping at HSN for many years--probably at least 20 and I buy all my Perlier, Korres, Curtis Stone and Wolfgang items there.  I also have never received a coupon code for a discount.  Do not have an HSN credit card either.  I sure don't like this "merger" thing with the brands going to both channels, but with different hosts and reps.   I liked both channels for certain items and getting so now I don't like either one.  HSN sure did away with a lot of their free shipping too.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia.  You want a discount from your cable company?  Call them and ask for it.  My phone company was offering a special discount for new wifi users.  I called and told them I wanted it and they gave it to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Neetgal2.  Call your cable company and tell them you want the deal too.  Bet you get it.  I did, but they sure won't volunteer to give it to you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Loyalty Matters QVC!

[ Edited ]

@wildlifewitch  Pretty sure I received a $5.00 discount about 20 years ago when I first began shopping with QVC. 

So you've been shopping with QVC for a long time. If you expect freebies, have no idea where you're going to get them in this life! It doesn't happen in this day and age.

If you've been buying things from QVC, you must be happy with the prices you have been paying. Why complain about a lousy $5.00 credit for new customers? It's a one-time offer. Big deal.  

And please, stop comparing HSN to QVC. They are managed by two different teams! 

ETA: QVC does include sample sizes of products periodically in my packages. I seldom try them. They go to Women's Shelters instead; that's where I send everything possible. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Loyalty Matters QVC!

[ Edited ]

@wildlifewitch wrote:

So new customers get five for you ...... What about those of us without your Q card who have been shopping for over two decades? That is one thing HSN gets right, via discounts and coupons, but their products are generally lame.  Tick tock.....

It has always irked me that companies give freebies to new customers and leave existing/loyal customers out in the cold. It happens with lots of companies.  And it makes me look around before buying.  Businesses would be able to keep more long-term customers if they offered these things to them.

For example... I kept getting smarty-pants responses from my cable company about offers to existing vs new customers so I switched to satellite about 5-6 years ago.  This satellite company is the only one I've found that gives promos/discounts to existing customers.  Yes, I have to call and talk to a supervisor every year to renew it but that's just fine with me.  

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

So new customers get five for you ...... What about those of us without your Q card who have been shopping for over two decades? That is one thing HSN gets right, via discounts and coupons, but their products are generally lame.  Tick tock.....

HSN has many good products - just like QVC.  How can you say their products are generally lame?   There's way too many brands/products for you to make that statement.

Valued Contributor

I get coupons from HSN all the time and haven't purchased anything from them in years.  In fact I'm looking at a $20 off any purchase of $40 or more.  May use this one.  QVC hasn't sent me a thing in years.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia.  You want a discount from your cable company?  Call them and ask for it.  My phone company was offering a special discount for new wifi users.  I called and told them I wanted it and they gave it to me.

@Kachina624- I know I'll have to do that.  I just hate even calling them up!  I did it about two years ago.  Finally got updated equipment (I'm with DirecTV) and no installation charge for any of it, plus a reduction in my monthly bill.  But it's crept up again over the past year.  I just get tired of the stupid games they play.  DH won't do any of the calling or negotiating, but he's the one who doesn't want to be without his favorite sports channels!