Frequent Contributor

Lock & Lock TSV for Christmas Gift Bags

Each year I look forward to the L&L with their gift bags for Christmas .  Let's be realistic, the kids do not look forward to the L&Ls, so why are the bags geared to little kids?  Listen to all the "call ins"  not one person that I've heard on calls saying they gifted the L&L to little kids.  Please make the gift bags more mature.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock TSV for Christmas Gift Bags

I have to admit that I agree with you on this.  I looked at the bags included with the TSV and thought who would I give them to?  I don't remember last year's being like so juvenile (and I mean that in a nice way).  I passed on the TSV, since the bags would be of no use to me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The perfect L&L holiday TSV for me would be to offer the same handled rectangles and the new handled canisters but offer a choice of gift bag styles. They order so many for the TSV, I think I heard David say 200,000. It would be nice if they could bring perhaps half of that large amount with the usual Christmas whimsy designs and then offer the rest in a classic Christmas motif that is more traditional and adult oriented. 

Well anyway, a girl can dream. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 

That is an excelllent idea. Offering the bags in different sizes would be icing on the cake!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Bags - agree -ugly - kiddie material...but vendor/host make such a silly fuss over them.  I'd toss in the trash.

Respected Contributor

I broke down and ordred the canisters and the rectangles.  However, I would prefer a choice of soliid colors, as already suggested.

I must add that the bags over the years have been well made and last.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

I bought 2 sets for neighbor gifts. I make Carmel Corn and put into the container.  I don't get worked up about what's in the bag. For me it's an easy out.

Valued Contributor

this is the first time that i have seen this yearly tsv. i totally agree with having a set of solid color bags. i didn't find the designs all that christmasey (yes, i know that's not a word). i didn't see any christmas trees, lights or candles.

the only conclusion that i came to, was that it was done on purpose, because everyone does not celebrate christmas and wanted the bags to appeal to as many buyers as possible. which, when you think about it is a good reason to have a set of solid color bags.

when i placed my order, i had no intention of giving the containers away. i don't have a use for the bags.

Trusted Contributor

I so agree...most of the bags were whimsical, it would be nice to have solid colors as they could be used throughout the year.

Not meaning to go off topic, but I wish they would do an elegant design for the gift boxes that the Mrs  Prindable apples go into for the holidays.  The recent TSV had a more whimsical design in the boxes this year and have in prior years also.   It would be nice if they did something a little more elegant just to change it up...or even do half whimsical/cute designs for gifting to kids and half a little more fancy to give to adults.

Respected Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP 

I ordered the apples for adults; will not use those kiddie boxes.  Good deal on the apples but I will have to buy my own bags.  Can't understand why they did that?  Kids don't want an apple, they want a toy!