Respected Contributor

Even though retailers profess that they carry what people want and demand, it seems to be quite evident that THEY DRIVE what we have acccess to, and as a rule the items are the more expensive items.  Liz Claiborne (quality, not just a fad, fit), Tiganello (stylish, on trend with more expensiv e brands), Philosophy (same name but  customers questioning same formula), etc.  We have the items "pushed down our throats" until we give in or walk away.  It's the customers perogative, but as loyal customers it is sometimes painful.

Esteemed Contributor

Xcel Brands, the manufacturer of the Liz Claiborne New York clothes and accessories sold on QVC no longer has the license rights to manufacture those items. This was discussed earlier this spring when Xcel Brands stopped listing them as one of their brands. All the LCNY stuff sold on QVC is being cleared out. 

I think it's likely that with Xcel Brands making the Isaac Mizrahi stuff, the H by Halston stuff, and the C. Wonder stuff that sold on QVC (and they also own the Judith Ripka line sold on QVC too) that their plate is full.

Contributor

I agree that we need the LCNY available as a clothing option on QVC.  They are perfect to wear to work in an office environment.  Not everyone can dress in the "athleisure" trendy clothes all the time!!

Valued Contributor

Not sure if you all know it, but Liz Clairborne line is available at JCPenney and has been for several years - a few times QVC & JCP have had same item.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Xcel Brands, the manufacturer of the Liz Claiborne New York clothes and accessories sold on QVC no longer has the license rights to manufacture those items. This was discussed earlier this spring when Xcel Brands stopped listing them as one of their brands. All the LCNY stuff sold on QVC is being cleared out. 

I think it's likely that with Xcel Brands making the Isaac Mizrahi stuff, the H by Halston stuff, and the C. Wonder stuff that sold on QVC (and they also own the Judith Ripka line sold on QVC too) that their plate is full.

@TY I remember this news. For what it's worth, C. Wonder is no replacement for Liz Claiborne New York.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to see they are getting rid of Liz Claiborne.  Her clothes had some class to them.  I guess the Q makes more money from the cheaper to produce, overly marked up, Graver, and Logo brands.  Sigh . . .

Trusted Contributor

Liz Claiborne has been in Penney's for years.  Per the ladies on the LCNY QVC shows that is not connected to the original Liz C.  The LCNY people are supposed to be from the original in some way.  I never checked either info as it was not important to me.  I buy the best I can that fits my preferences and lifestyle.  The nearest Penney's is an hour away so I seldom go there.  When in the area I will have to check them out and see what they have.  I have an original Liz Claiborne red wool blazer from the 1990s that I wear every year when cool weather comes. It truly is an item that you can dress up and down.  My cost per wear has been pennies.  The many pieces that I have gotten from QVC also are of great quality.  It would be nice if QVC could take on the brand as long as they didn't downgrade the quality.

Valued Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne New York

[ Edited ]

JC Penny owns the exclusive rights to Liz Claiborne so QVC does have to phase it out.  You can still buy Liz Claiborne at JCP.  If you don't have one near you - you can shop at JC Penny on-line the same way you do at QVC.  (JC Penny usually has lots of coupons to use on-line or in store.  My husband got one today for $10 off when you spend $10 - I am not kidding!)

Contributor

It is a very appropriate request from those of us who wear almost nothing but LCNY. I do  hope they reconsider or work out their business issues and bring  LCNY back - C Wonder and Susan Graver are not options for most LCNY buyers.

Contributor

Please do pass on the request to bring back Liz Claiborne New York. Very disappointed to see no new pieces for Fall but happy to get some good prices on older pieces that needed replacing. I loved being able to buy clothes on the Q. Before you offered Liz Claiborne I mainly purchased cosmetics, jewelry and small kitchen appliances on the Q. I loved being able to buy clothes on the Q.

Best regards,

Susan Davis