Honored Contributor

Re: List country of origin please

In a semi-perfect world, it would be very nice if we were able to choose from, say, 30 percent of items made in the USA.  

It would be a start.

Of course, keep in mind that I'm from an era when most things were made here.  

Imported clothing and accessories were unique and slightly more expensive.  Shoes made in Italy and Spain, etc.

Quality was a major feature of most items.  Not only clothing, but appliances, and almost everything else.

Well, let's hope for the best.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Agreed.  QVC lists 'importet' that's not enough..  Dress sizes are different depending on where it's made.  Quality is also different. 

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree that consumers have the right to know where products they intend to buy are made.  This used to be included.  Please reinstate this information for each product.

Respected Contributor

ITA  with Q giving us the country of origin.  It does matter to me with jewelry, gold is done differently from country to country.  Even the color of gold varies.  Some may even feel so strongly that they may return an item based on where it is from.  

Honored Contributor

When I mentioned My Pillow sheets, a person reminded me that those Giza sheets' fabric (Giza Cotton) is the imported part (from Giza).  A very nice, unique cotton fabric.

So, I'm thinking they are assembled here in the US.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Regular Contributor

I have suggested many times to QVC since they first started (years) to have a day or week, week-end to celebrate the 4th of July, have a show with Made In USA as you can see it never happened.

Try searching Made in USA on their website.  Approx 11 items appear and only 1 is Made Ian USA and it is a collection of a few nichols.

They have for years catered to Made in Ireland items and that has gone on for a whole week at a time and advertised constantly.

It is time for everyone to wake up and put our country first and buy American.

They probably will not print this as they never listened to my suggestion.

Valued Contributor

Some high end brands sell some products made in China and they cost a lot of money anyway.

Hsn lists country of origin most of the time.Qvc doesn't want to do the same.They know we don't want cosmetics made in China.

Contributor

It's not a Don't Buy list. We merely want to know where it's make so WE can make the decisions whether to buy or not.  

And why wouldn't you want to purchase items made in the USA rather than a foreign country?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Diamond Gal wrote:

It's not a Don't Buy list. We merely want to know where it's make so WE can make the decisions whether to buy or not.  

And why wouldn't you want to purchase items made in the USA rather than a foreign country?

You would need to do your research as to what companies here make clothes. Textile mills are gone as are sewing factories. Very few places to make these items. Most of the fabric for sale here comes from China. I google where to find clothes made here. There are of course some places but not a whole lot. As for QVC I would guess not too much.