Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson & her travels!

[ Edited ]

They'll never find her if they're looking for Lisa Roberson.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Roberson & her travels!

She's made posts this summer to reference approximate flight times and locations, so I think it would be possible to see her in person if one desired to do so.  She recently posted about a benefit in Tennessse she planned to attend and invited everyone to buy a ticket.  She's been open, and I think it's great that she isn't in hiding.  I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of security detail with her at times.

Regular Contributor

there was a thread on Qtalk about LR this morning that was removed by moderators...it was deemed "unkind". Holy smokes. She's not even an employee any longer. Why do they care what people thought of her...it wasn't unkind either. People just said they thought she was silly posting every thing she eats and does...

New Contributor

Lisa Robertson is a wonderful woman; was a marvelous QVC host; is entitled to post what she pleases when she pleases and I, for one, am amazed at the people who feel so envious of her, that  theycriticize her for all that she does.  If you don't like her, why in the world do you read her FB posts?  Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

@charmer wrote:

Lisa Robertson is a wonderful woman; was a marvelous QVC host; is entitled to post what she pleases when she pleases and I, for one, am amazed at the people who feel so envious of her, that  theycriticize her for all that she does.  If you don't like her, why in the world do you read her FB posts?  Just wondering.

Certainly this is a rhetorical question right? As I'm sure you really do know the answer. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Lisa is probably working at something based on all of her trips to New York and LA.  I suspect when her noncompete clause with QVC expires, she will share her future endeavor with everyone.  I thought she was a talented host.  I miss her on QVC.  She was so smooth and knowledgeable.  But after 24 years she wanted a change.  Who can blame her.  I wish her great success.

Valued Contributor

I do not understand why any one would keep up with a former TV host's life.  Or expect her to post anything other than what most people post, which is usually pretty mundane.  BUT, that is just me. Maybe I am the one out of touch.  I do not have much time to keep up with the lives of the people I am close too, let alone ones I do not know

Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Lisa posting about her travels to see  family and friends is the same as almost every other FB account in this country.  I am not sure how that makes her unhappy in some people's eyes going out and about instead of a job.

I would assume she is very happy not setting her alarm on a day to day basis.

If she were a wealthy man in his forties and he decided to take some extended time off and smell the roses I bet all those unhappy comments would not be written.  Probably only comments like how nice for him since he worked so hard and so long to get to this point.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, She paid her dues, and probally has a nice little nest egg built up.  Whatever she wants to do with her life is her business, She made her decision to leave, maybe never going back to work was in the plans.  Early retirement, Because she is not working (as you all assume) ABSOLUTELY does not mean she isn't happy, That is why I do not understand people's obsession with her.  She was a shopping channel host, a person with a job like everyone else you know.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I think you are correct about that!  I am looking forward to hearing what she will be doing.