Honored Contributor

When putting together lip sets how about giving a choice of shades in the same color family warm vs cool.  I no longer buy lip sets on QVC because they always include a shade that has an orange base which I cannot wear no matter how light it is. That  means I end up having to toss at least one of them.    

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - Great idea!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I totally agree and no longer buy "sets" - always one or more colors I cannot wear.  There goes the value....

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Completely agree!! 

Respected Contributor

Companies put together "kits" or other in order to get rid of some low selling product & then offer a "deal". When I see kits or offers of 3 lip sticks, they always have one I would never, ever use. Get what you pay for.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Companies put together "kits" or other in order to get rid of some low selling product & then offer a "deal". When I see kits or offers of 3 lip sticks, they always have one I would never, ever use. Get what you pay for.

Actually, I think they put togeter lip sets to try and cover all color bases, so they'll include one blue-based, one orange-based, and one neutral or another of the warm or cool.  Then, they'll try and say all of them work for every skin tone which clearly they don't.  I, personally, don't believe there is any one color of lipstick that works for all skin tones.

I have bought kits before that I feel like I have gotten my moneys worth and didn't find anything that was a throw-away.  They often sell two shades of eyeliner and I don't see those as one of them being a throw-away.  I wouldn't buy them if I thought so.  I bought a giant set of Laura Geller gel eyeliner pencils and I don't think there was a throw-away in the bunch.