Frequent Contributor

Lighten up on the credit card push please

As I'm up in the wee hours of the morning stopped on Q2 where a Gourmet Holiday show is on. It seems with each presentation, the Q card is being pushed. I would think during these times when people are not able to go to work and the social climate is what it is right now, you should not be encouraging people to get a credit card and run up charges for products that are not vital in our lives.  Store shelves are still empty with the panic buying. Why push someone buy a food product from Q when they can't get a loaf of bread from the store.

Please consider this. You keep running your public service announcements that the Q is there for everyone during this difficult time. People are still free to buy of course but shouldn't have to do it with a credit card that they might not be able to make the payments on.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lighten up on the credit card push please

bad timing 

but those ads were placed before "this" happened 

Valued Contributor

Maybe people with the means to buy a new car right now would like to take the opportunity to use the low financing. And buying cars provides jobs to the people that make cars, auto dealerships, banks, advertising, truck drivers that haul the cars, etc. Just taking a different perspective. I dont have the means to buy a brand new car but I hope some people do. Anything to keep our economy going.
Honored Contributor

QVC is like any other business, they need to sell, promote, push and more espcially now if sales are down.

I have no problem with them doing this at all. 

A lot of companies are running extra specials and promos and pushing hard to keep online sales coming via email.  My email is getting WAY more than usual.

My local restaurants are stufffing my home mailbox daily w/ specials and promos.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree it is pushed too much all the time!   Just do your thing presenting whatever it is at the time because the Q card thing does get tiring.  We all know the it is just a way for them to make more money on us than they already do. JMO

Frequent Contributor

Agreed that it is a bit much but the Q is no different than other retailers.  Seems like every place I go (or went as I live in a shelter in place state) would ask during checkout...are you using your [store name] card today? Do you want to apply and save some % today? Annoying but the way the world works.