Frequent Contributor

Let's Be Creative I Would Like To Suggest That Qvc Offers New Formats For Shows!

I'm starting to get bored with the format of some shows.   I need feedback ffrom you creative woman...I would like to watch a show that offers a variety of items with a theme.

Party Show:  Items include party outfits, dressy shoes, and other related fashion items.  Maybe items include..bring lock & lock, wine, gourmet items, etc to a party...include makeup, fragence, creams, etc.

Tailgating:  Incude items to bring, coolers, team shirts, food, fun items...

Holiday party:  specific items to decocrate your home, certain meals or desserts to bring to a party.  How about a cute outfit?

Hiking: proper clothing, boots, fishing gear, storage items.

Would you watch?  Any otherr ideas?  Interested?  Feedback?  Voice your ideas, 

Just thinking outloud

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Be Creative I Would Like To Suggest That Qvc Offers New Formats For Shows!

I do think it would definitely be nice if QVC started showing some of the other items they sell that's never shown.

Sometimes I think they have absolutely no idea on who is sitting on the other end of the TV.

Today I saw Carolyn Gracie present a Bible.  I've always wondered why QVC doesn't offer some items that people who worship in the Jewish faith might like to order. 

Also, I think it would be nice for QVC to offer some items African American's might specifically or also might like to order.

I have friends who are African American and they say much of their beauty products are more specific to people who are not Hispanic and/or African American so they don't bother watching any of the beauty shows.  Perhaps mention some of the problems specific to them, just show you know they're watching QVC too.

I don't order a lot of beauty products anymore.  I know what works and that's totally what I order.  

I just think it would be nice to vary their shows more.  I totally agree with the OP.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Be Creative I Would Like To Suggest That Qvc Offers New Formats For Shows!

QVC had been selling to the Boomer and Silent Generation age group, what they were most likely to buy; however, they are targeting millennials now.

Millennials are not into football, so tailgating generally would not be of interest; although, QVC does sell NFL clothing.

I was reading about them the other day on Money.

They are interested in athleisure clothing and sneakers.  They are into exercise, but do not use clubs, might be interested in hiking, but it's not something many people do.

Spending on handbags has significantly decreased. Millennials prefer backpacks.  They are not interested in high end designers.  Less likely to wear high heels and dressy clothing.  

One of their trends is shopping thrift stores where they can buy clothing for $10.  They don't have the money to buy new clothing.  

They're more likely to rent than buy a house because they like the idea of mobility, so they woudn't buy many household items that weigh them down.

They don't drink coffee or carbonated beverages, there goes the Keurig.  It's water in reusable metal containers.  

They aren't cooking or eat out.  They are more likely to order meals in.

These are just increasing trends.  It doesn't mean all of them are following the trends.  So, if your sons, daughters, and grandchildren (19-34) aren't like this, it doesn't mean others are not.

The trend is not getting married or waiting until their 30's, then not having children. Currently 42% of the younger folks say they want children compared to 78% in the 1990's.  

Their lifestyles are totally different than generations before them that will significantly change products offered in the near future.  

I have been seeing changes in products offered on QVC.  Increased athleisure clothing, jeans, sneakers, and offering backpacks.  I have seen metal water bottles.

QVC is using themes, beauty, electronics, gardening, seasonal decor, jewelry, food, kitchen appliances, etc, but evidently doesn't think others are worthy of attention.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank u for yr response.  Yes, QVC does themes but I was thinking the entire picture.  not just fasion , electronics, cooking but all the other items you need to participate in these themes. ie Party:  dress, shoes, makeup, hair products etc.  If Q is just addressing the 18-34 group the theme could be sporting items, or something similiar...show exercise equipment, running gear, items to wear, sneakeres, headsets etc.

I have 2 grandchildren in this age group and I do understand what you are saying.  I do appreciate ypor comments and great knowledge.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

All above comments are great!

You nailed it.  Thanks!

I like the idea of themed shows.

Hope MODS are reading this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Happy Smile - A few weeks ago, In the Kitchen with Mary had a "Tailgate Edition" that was really well done—the whole show was filmed outside, the lineup was filled with items you'd use or eat at a tailgating/outdoor party, and there was even a live broadcast going on at a Villanova football event that the show would cut over to between presentations where Elise Ivy interviewed passersby and presented a few products. The atmosphere was very fun; it was one of the most entertaining things I've seen on QVC in years. Mary and all the vendors had a great time and immediately wanted to do it again.

The show was featured on the QVC Youtube channel and on the Q's streaming apps for awhile afterward, but it looks like it is far enough in the past now that other programs have taken its place. If I can find it somewhere, I'll post a link.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Happy Smile 

I agree with you.  

@Happy Smile wrote:

Thank u for yr response.  Yes, QVC does themes but I was thinking the entire picture.  not just fasion , electronics, cooking but all the other items you need to participate in these themes. ie Party:  dress, shoes, makeup, hair products etc.  If Q is just addressing the 18-34 group the theme could be sporting items, or something similiar...show exercise equipment, running gear, items to wear, sneakeres, headsets etc.

I have 2 grandchildren in this age group and I do understand what you are saying.  I do appreciate ypor comments and great knowledge.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

No longer watch live because the shows have become boring with the same stuff over and over.  I  do think the hosts and vendors are too much INTO THEMSELVES and the products are second on their mind.  Pet Peeve#1.  Just seems to be endless chatter about nothing important.  I do think  fast moving theme shows  would work better. 

And I have always wondered why there is no clothing for men. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu ...........because the mens clothing did not sell.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Since none of us have working experience with TV shopping its very easy for us to sit back and ciritisize, and suggest what we would like to see.  But I am sure there are many factors we arent even aware of.

The complaining on these boards is just a spit in the ocean to the millions of satisfied viewers and buyers they have.  And if I were them the nasty, whining, worthless complaints would go straight to the trash can.

IMO if one wants to make a point then write a nice polite, sensible letter to the correct department.  I believe that would get further than these boards.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)