Honored Contributor

I quit watching Q Check when Albany was hosting it daily.  She can have quite the potty mouth.  Lowered my opinion of QVC that they'd let that continue.  Now I don't watch her at all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You'd think they've had told her in her ear to quit saying it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Christmas Daisy wrote:

This was at 9:00 this morning tho.  

It's quite confusing since the OP's post is dated 4/9 at 11 P.M.??? which it still is not (at least on the east coast!) JM was on last night after 11 p.m. and this morning at 9 a.m.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Occasional Contributor

Nope.  She was on around 9:30 ish eastern time on Sat morn with AM Style with Leah.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree that hosts shouldn't use that kind of language, but I don't think you should be offended or concerned that your children will pick up on it.  Also, that word is in the Bible, so it can't be that bad.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

You've been watching for years when you were expecting? So how old are your kids now?

What difference does the age of her kids make? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Respected Contributor

@Christmas Daisy wrote:

Nope.  She was on around 9:30 ish eastern time on Sat morn with AM Style with Leah.  

Nope what?  She was on both days.  What's your point?  Did she cuss this morning or last night?  Not that either is appropriate.  Just confusing that the Q didn't edit the video.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

You've been watching for years when you were expecting? So how old are your kids now?

What difference does the age of her kids make? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

She didn't want her children to hear the word dam? Like I said, how old are they? If she was expecting years ago, they must be grown. Makes no sense and either do you, as usual.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even think I consider that a swear word. That would not bother me at all. The FCC allows a lot of words to be said on TV that weren't allowed in the past so if you want to be 100% sure your children don't hear something you find offensive, it is best to watch childrens programming only and/or shows that are rated G. Even if it is network tv, they are now allowed to say words that parent may find objectionable to be said in front of small children. I am assuming your children are fairly young.

When my child heard a word that I didn't want said in my house I tried to explain to her why I felt she shouldn't say that and why it would not be said in my house and I also explained the meaning if she didn't understand. 

This is the part of parenting where you have to trust that you have instilled your morals into them and hope it takes root. You as parents and they as children will come across this every single day. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

As a grandparent I suggest that you watch children's programs with you child.  Do not assume that they all have proper programing.   Sat AMs I watched a program with my  7 year old and I was very surprised.  A favorite program of his friends regularly showed what I considered "bullying".   It was often in a school setting.  They made fun of others, set up a single person as a joke, etc [ex. get hit by items falling out of a school locker]  This was always done with others around and the injured left in embarrassment.   I talked to my grandson about this behavior.   He admitted that if anyone in his school did this they would be in big trouble.  He also said it was mean and he should not have laughed.   When told my son started watching and they no longer watch that childrens station.  Most of his TV is now NetFlix with pre-selected shows.  Proper manners, behavior and language have changed greatly.  It seems they have been forgotten in this world of "understanding, equality and diversity".