Respected Contributor

As others have expressed, I believe the source of all LR threads is Lisa & Company.

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with those threads.  I don't get why some make it their mission to get the threat deleted or closed for commenting.  It is possible to scroll on by.  😨

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

I see nothing wrong with those threads.  I don't get why some make it their mission to get the threat deleted or closed for commenting.  It is possible to scroll on by.  😨

Exactly.  I actually scroll past far more threads than I read, and I assume that's the case for most people.  No one is interested in everything.  Forums such as these allow us to pick and choose what we're interested in.  And scroll on past the rest!

Really it could not be easier.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I read LR threads; sometimes I don’t. It depends on my interest.  

I dont consider any threads about anything a threat. 

ETA: I have not purchased any LR products because of a post on this forum. 

Contributor

I don't open the threads regarding LR from the OP   but I do find the topics inflamatory, and  against community standards..................the poster herself/himself admitted these posts are done solely to see what reactions they will illicit from the community.......so they really have no value to the community.  And are combative in nature in a very begin way.  It is like thumbing their nose at the community at large.  And that I believe is against community standards.  

Also  there is something obsessive about these posts, and the subject is all about LR as a diva, her lifestyle, and other unrealted things  the QVC community would have no interest  in  I believe in free speech, but this OP  should start a fan page or go onto LR facebook and wax poetic.  Or other people in the QVC who want to comment on LR should also find another forum or start their own anywhere else but at QVC.  Why here?  It is creepy.

LR is also irrelvant in the QVC world.

Honored Contributor

@theladyinredwrote:

I don't open the threads regarding LR from the OP   but I do find the topics inflamatory, and  against community standards..................the poster herself/himself admitted these posts are done solely to see what reactions they will illicit from the community.......so they really have no value to the community.  And are combative in nature in a very begin way.  It is like thumbing their nose at the community at large.  And that I believe is against community standards.  

Also  there is something obsessive about these posts, and the subject is all about LR as a diva, her lifestyle, and other unrealted things  the QVC community would have no interest  in  I believe in free speech, but this OP  should start a fan page or go onto LR facebook and wax poetic.  Or other people in the QVC who want to comment on LR should also find another forum or start their own anywhere else but at QVC.  Why here?  It is creepy.

The only thing I don't understand about the posts about LR by the original poster is why are they under Q Talk.  LR has nothing to do with QVC anymore.  I think they should be under Community Chat.

I have never seen the OP say that he posted to see what kind of reaction he could get.  It seems to me he always says it's to gush about LR.  He wants other people to do the same.  Yes, he's obssessed with her, but his posts do not need to be banned IMO.

For some reason I find the posts interesting.  I don't usually post in his threads but do read them until they're eventually closed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

@NickNack

Perhaps your suggestion is a compromise regarding LR and the OP posts, whatever  the solution is.....I hope it is an appropriate one, as I find the posters in the QVC community and the topics intersting and informationative and love the diverse opinions , suggestions, and information............................ my only problem is the OP who posts regarding LR,   I can't help but still feel   the topics are inappropriate...................not to be mean but LR sold items on a home shopping channel, as good at she was at her job.....the importance that the OP gives to LR is misplaced, and a bit obsessive, in my line of work  this is a huge red flag .

Esteemed Contributor

@theladyinredwrote:

The mods will let us know if posts are against Community Standards.  It's not up to individual posters to determine that.  And clearly, many posters DO have an interest because there are usually a lot of replies.

I've never seen the poster in question say anything about trying to get a reaction.  He proclaims his admiration for LR, and he puts her on a pedestal. The few times he replies to comments, he just re-affirms what he's already said.  LR is the best, the greatest, the most beautiful.  According to him, she's living the best life out of anyone in the entire world and we all want to be her.  I find all of that (and especially some of the replies) to be quite amusing.  If he's amused by it too (and I suspect he is), I have no problem with that.  And clearly the mods don't either.  They shut down threads when they suspect things are getting out of hand.  I think they handle this very well. 

It isn't worth getting worked up about, IMO.  If I find something uninteresting, or inflammatory, or offensive, I scroll on by and find something more enjoyable.  None of us are in a position to decree that something is against Community Standards.  And none of us can dictate what is or is not of interest to other forum members.  These are QVC's forums, and they get to call the shots.  If you don't open the threads, then why is this an issue for you?  It's easy enough (and advisable, IMO) to not give another thought to topics that are not of interest.

Esteemed Contributor

Just past them by..  people who start them want to stir the pot and also have too much time on there hands who cares about LR anyway?