Respected Contributor

LOCK down reviews of new items PLEASE

[ Edited ]

This has always been a problem, but never have I seen abuse of the review feature as I have with the recent TSV presented by Dooney & Bourke. (Nylon Wayfarer hobo with accessories.)

People were leaving "reviews" of the item when no customer would have access to it.

They complained about the cost of the shipping and the material, etc.   It didn't have a chance, because this will jeopardize future sales. Then you had people just leaving 5 stars to offset the ignorant reviews.

Now it's up to you, Q.   

Customer service and shipping shoudn't be part of the product review in the first place. They are separate components and have nothing to do wth the actual item.

Since HSN is now under the umbrella of the parent company, you follow that example.

Thanks for reading.

Respected Contributor

Re: LOCK down reVews of new items PLEASE

@JavaQueen 

Well put, Java Queen.  I had the same observations you did.  It would behoove management to make sure reviews are posted for the item.  That is if the item was actually purchased and used!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to take a look.  Wow!

What an utter waste of time and resources to leave all those pages & pages of comments -- none of which are actual reviews.  A shame.

The kicker are the ones that are mad at the people leaving 1-star reviews without ever receiving the handbag, so they turn around and leave 5-star reviews to "even it out" -- also, having never received the handbag!

It's like a nasty playground fight.

Respected Contributor

If Amazon can verify a purchase for a review, then surely QVC can do it.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I had to take a look.  That’s ridiculous!  Six pages of reviews and only one person had actually received the bag!

I hope that anyone that might be interested in that bag actually takes the time to read those reviews instead of just looking at how many stars it got.

However, I guess it disproves the idea many have that QVC doesn’t print negative reviews...

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen 

OMG! page after page of reviews of a Dooney nylon bag that people admitted that they didn’t purchase (let alone use) because of high price and/or shipping fees. Unbelievable.

I will bet dollar to donuts that this bag will reappear as a TSV again in the future with a reduced or free shipping.  Just wait.

Honored Contributor

Printing those reviews on the recent Dooney TSV, is very unprofessional. A poor reflection on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Re: LOCK down reviews of new items PLEASE

Items sold on Q are often sold elsewhere and it's possible people have purchased the items.  We can't control others but we can control how we react.  The older I get the more I wish I'd known long ago to not sweat the small stuff. jmo.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Items sold on Q are often sold elsewhere and it's possible people have purchased the items.  We can't control others but we can control how we react.  The older I get the more I wish I'd known long ago to not sweat the small stuff. jmo.

But that's not the case in this specific instance @CalminHeart . 

Those reviews are clearly stating they have not purchased the handbag.  Both the 1-star, and 5-star reviews have their bone to pick and they admit it's not a review of the handbag.  Most complaints are about the high shipping cost; the 5 star reviews say they are "evening out the score" because of all the bogus 1-star reviews.   Pages & pages of this.   

Valued Contributor

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. When I see negative reviews by people who haven't purchased the product, I always give them a "no" for unhelpful, and I report the review as fraudulent and inappropriate.  It should not be allowed and it skews the star rating. People just do it to be spiteful and rude, so it makes no sense to me that QVC would continue to allow this.