Honored Contributor

When I enter a crowded room, i just blow kisses to everyone, and the same when I leave.  That, instead of stumbling over everyone's feet and bending over, kissing folks sitting down, making people stand up.  It's just easier, lol.  And, I'm guessing that they're happy about it, too.  As a child, I wasn't overly crazy about being kissed.  I would position myself so that the kiss was plopped on the top of my head, lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm neutral on the topic.  Doesn't bother me if they kiss and hug or not.

Honored Contributor

When I first got into the workplace in 1982, I was surprised at all of the hugging and kissing and touching that went on.  I thought it was just specific to the industry but even in current job there is a ton of it.

I am always surprised when my boss or co-workers grab me and hug me.  It's just not my first thought when I see someone at work to hug them, but some people are huggers.  

My last boss was a lot older than all of his direct reports and he is the father of 3 daughters and no sons, so he treated us like his daughters in many ways.

Although the first time he tried to hug his boss it was a hilarous moment.  She said, "dont ever do that again."  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kissing and hugs

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

If you lived in the Southwest - I do - you'd get at least a hug and maybe a cheek kiss every time you encounter someone, coming or going or both!  It is a regional custom - considered a very warm, friendly way of acknowledging people!

@corita I've never lived in the Southwest, but that does sound very friendly! I wonder how anyone gets anything done at the office! Hahahaha! Just kidding!

Honored Contributor

The stuff that bothers people amazes me.

Why does anyone care if the host and vendor hug and/or kiss?  Exactly how does this affect anyone else? 

Honored Contributor

The fact that it's not genuine is what is bothering us; not the fact that they are showing affection for each other.  As someone else stated, they've already seen the vendor "backstage",  The kissy-kissy is just part of the big happy family Q hype.

Esteemed Contributor

The same embrace /kissy greeting has been used by people who work in TV, film, and theatre for as long as I can remember.

They use it whenever they come together, in the public eye, under a shared spotlight.

Who's to say that superstitious tradition is any more or less phoney than the affectionate "break a leg" they probably hear before stepping out in front of the QVC cameras?

Esteemed Contributor

How else are the hosts and vendors going to show the unwashed masses that they are cultured and high falutin' except to imitate europeans or the real housewives of (fill in the blank) by all the fake air kissing? They don't want to appear like uneducated hicks. But it doesn't work as it looks fake and not genuine. And it spreads germs. No wonder colds and flu spread like wildfire on set.

Frequent Contributor

Dennis Basso.......Gross...Last night on with Shawn Killinger...She was backing away from him all evening.  She even put a model in between the two of them so he would stop touching her at one point. The kissing is not pretty.  Dennis, take some lessons from Bob Mackie, he is the most respectful to the hosts and models.  I will not listen to Dennis or buy any of his clothing...Please, someone higher up, talk to him.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

The female hosts do not hug and pretend kiss the TECH guys, at least I have not seen it.