Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kirsten! Slow down please!

[ Edited ]

@Carmiewrote:

As, I have said before.  We all talk fast here compared to the rest of the country.  I have no problem understanding her.

she doesn’t talk fast....you listen slow.  It’s a regional thing.

But she's a California girl, or so she's told us a hundred thousand times. So then you're from the same region of California that she's from....and you all speed talk out there.

Esteemed Contributor

The minute I see her or Amy I pick up the remote & change the channel.... I can’t watch either one of them!!🤯

Honored Contributor

Yes, she is, but she lives in PA now.  We in PA, NJ and Parts of NY tend to talk fast.  If you live  here for a while, most people pick up their speed.

Antonella talks fast.  She grew up only a few miles from me.

When I travel, It drives me crazy when people speak so slowly.  I get impatient, but try to be patient and not finish their sentence for them.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

As, I have said before.  We all talk fast here compared to the rest of the country.  I have no problem understanding her.

@Carmie   If the region is Pennsylvania, I speak it, and I only understand about every fifth word she says.  One day she introduced a product and I have no idea what she said, not a word.   When Kirsten comes on, my TV goes off.  Her speech isn't the only thing I dislike about her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just googled fast talking in the US and read that people in the northeastern part of the US speak twice as fast as the people in the rest of the country.

I guess it is true. I am used to it and also talk fast...sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

I just googled fast talking in the US and read that people in the northeastern part of the US speak twice as fast as the people in the rest of the country.

I believe it.  I'm from the northeast and have been in the midwest for twelve years.  I'd like to think I slowed down, but I'm not so sure.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@January121wrote:

The minute I see her or Amy I pick up the remote & change the channel.... I can’t watch either one of them!!🤯

or Shawn for me add her to my list of no no's

Respected Contributor

I@Carmie wrote:

I live in NYC can’t understand her, way too fast, she also mumbles.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmiewrote:

Well my googling tells me that Pa. sits at number 18 when it comes to fastest talking states. On a couple of sites it wasn't even listed in the top fast talking states at all. Oregon seems to be the winner at number 1.

I grew up in Pennsylvania, birth to age 18, then spent only 2 years in the Washington, D.C area and since then live in the Northeast (Ct.) and I'll be darned if Kirsten doesn't talk too darn fast for me. Kirsten and Amy, both fast talkers, maybe not to you but overall certainly for the job they are in. When you are bothered that people are talking too slowly you're probably just listening too fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivahwrote:

@Krimpette

I also have "old" ears. Lost some hearing from getting an MRI - without them giving me ear plugs - so my hearing isn't sharp like it used to be.

Good hearing doesn't help, I'm afraid. She's a fast talker. Also, you might be blessed not hearing what she's saying....