Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin's crass language At the dinner hour

SH..ould this be renamed?

F5FDE3B7-983C-45B0-8B91-FD14178095DD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fair Lady wrote:

Hi @Spurt @KatieB @MarkeieMark @software and others who understand what I was trying to say. Again, I'm not bothered by the word poop. I was surprised to hear the euphemism for "scared the "s__t out of".  And I apologize for my tone which seemed to set some people  people off. 

@Fair Lady

Don't let the negative Nellie's get to you.  ANY and I mean ANY suggestion that is made the naysayers come out in droves!!!  I dont know why they won't allow other customers to provide a suggestion or feedback on QVC or host or vendors, afterall, if QVC didnt want customer opinions they would have deleted this topic.  Let QVC decide which suggestions they want to pursue.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Does no one grasp the significance that the words poop and poo are used on these forums all the time by posters, as they are far preferable to the most common term, which would not be allowed. The moderators don’t delete these posts as being offensive. And of course as has already been mentioned, they sell Poo-Pourri.

Would doo-doo be qually as offensive? How about wee-wee? Apparently no reference whatsoever to bodily functions is preferred by some.

I would think that, since QVC sells in the 21st C, the solution for those so affected is to simply not watch QVC. Because I seriously doubt that QVC will get on Kerstin’s case for using this word. And probably has the moderators cracking up.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of the hosts say they don't read the forums.  You need to go to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page or you'll never be heard.  I personally never thought she was professional in the least!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fair Lady wrote:

Hi @Spurt @KatieB @MarkeieMark @software and others who understand what I was trying to say. Again, I'm not bothered by the word poop. I was surprised to hear the euphemism for "scared the "s__t out of".  And I apologize for my tone which seemed to set some people  people off. 

For the several years I've been watching QVC, they have managed to have hosts who can speak in complete sentences and convey a message without using words such as poop.  Is poop the worst word in the world? Of course not.  But how sad is it that she can't just say she wouldn't want to scare her daughter.

I used to watch complete shows on QVC, but almost never do so now.  First of all, I have a growing list of hosts that I refuse to watch (such as Kerstin), and secondly, what they offer is quite boring. 

As for your tone, I don't think you need to apologize.  If you had said you really liked the way she said poop, people on this board would have reamed you for that too.  You just have to trust your own feelings.  

Honored Contributor

This is not the first time Kerstin has said something that goes down the wrong way with someone. It's not the word poop that is minded so much, but how and when she uses it. The woman isn't selling the pooping moose or POO-POURRI, she should just stick to the facts and not interject her usual nonsense. The people the Q hires are supposed to be so smart and highly educated, you have to wonder.

Honored Contributor

Why is it not possible to make your case in favor of what Kerstin said without disparaging the poster?  It is possible, so give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I didn't even read all the comments on this thread, but it's quite amusing to me,lol... 

POOP, it's life get over it.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, your sweet grandchildren will probably hear much worse language in the halls at school and on the playgrounds. 

Honored Contributor

The topic & comments in this thread.....

283917.gif

173836.gif

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif