Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin's crass language At the dinner hour

Well that settles it!  I'll never get to be a QVC host.  I would like to think I wouldn't use that word (but I do use that word in real life).

I have 3 adult daughters and 7 grandchildren and dozens of nieces and nephews and on and on and I can tell you they will say to me when potty training, "Grandma I have to go (insert that word)."

I have to wonder what the OP would have her children say to her when they are potty training?

It's not the best word to use on TV but I have to wonder if the OP has watched ANY TV these days.  Good grief!  What I see on my TV makes the word (insert the word please) like nothing.

Again, it doesn't make it right but kids use it and maybe she's just been hanging out with kids a lot these days. 

Hey! @Fair Lady have you heard her use the word hiney?  She uses that a lot too...or is that OK?  Just wondering?  OMG!  Just realized I've used that word around my children, grandchildren and so on.....

I'd rather watch Kirsten and her use of slang words than watch some of the new hosts which I can't understand at all......just a matter of preference.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have heard words that were worse, but the use of the word 
"poop" is not professional.....why are some of the hosts obsessed with the rear end anyway....with terms like "up the wahzoo" (in my part of the U.S. it means up your rear end).......Come one QVC hosts there are many other ways to get your point across without being crass.....And yes I muted her until Valerie Parr Hill and Jayne Brown came on.  Kerstin is not one of my favorites she talks way too fast........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I get what the OP is saying.  I can't imagine Collen Lopez saying it. Smiley LOL

But again, we are talking about Kerstin, and for me to hear her say it, would have to be in the time it takes to find the remote to change the channel when she's on.

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

@akablonde wrote:

I take it you don’t watch when they are selling the “Poo-Pourri” 

Years ago, every Christmas season, QVC sold the pooping moose!

I bought that and still have it! *lol*

Honored Contributor

@Fair Lady wrote:

Thanks for those who understood. It wasn't using the word "poop". it was talking about not wanting to "scare the poop" out of her daughter. It just hit me wrong. 

@Fair Lady

Can you imagine if you were shopping in a Department Store and heard one of the Sales Associates talk like that....I wouldnt even want to shop in that store........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm no fan of Kerstin but to enable you to have a good supper w/o an upset stomach from such horrible language, turn the channel to cartoons from 4-7. Should go over much better.

Honored Contributor

Maybe turn off the tv during dinner

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

What would the "proper" word be?

@Desertdi

There are many words in the English vocabulary that could be used

Whats wrong with saying you dont want to give your daughter a scare.....or you dont want to scare your daughter..........

Is there some kind of NEW requirement set by QVC that the host must use the word "poop" in there sales pitch (maybe so many times per show???) 💩 💩Woman WinkWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

OMG is the OP serious

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

This reminds me of a rant my daughter had to listen to where I was telling her that my friend (whom I eat with up to 4 times a week) keeps refering to the male appendage as a pee pee.  Ugh!  I keep correcting her but she ignores me.

I wonder what the OP calls it when asking children if they have to do number 2?  At least Kirsten didn't call it number 2.

I'd give the real word but I'd probably get deleted.  It starts with defic...te.