Super Contributor

Kerstin's crass language At the dinner hour

[ Edited ]

Dear Kerstin, I would appreciate you not saying that you don't  want to scare the poop out of your daughter when I have the TV on while I'm making dinner and my grand children are in Hearing range. I guess you think you've made this phrase acceptable by not saying what you really wanted to say which is the even more crass phrase "scare the s__t" out of someone. But to me it is crass to use this image on a TV show that I'm watching because I expect to be spared this kind of language and imagery. I'm not watching the news or a crime show.  I don't know if the MODS will just eliminate this post or if other people will attack me for posting it but I hope that maybe someone at QVC will tell Kerstin to clean up her language.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin's crass language At the dinner hour

While it may not be the best choice of a way to describe something on QVC, who is trying to attract customers, anyone that is 'so shaken and upset by hearing that euphemism' really has no business with any television, computer or even radio. 

Such feigned angst over something so ridiculous is both childish and unbelievable in this day and age. Sorry, not buying it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

that would not bother me at all. What does is seeing people get flu shots or kids getting shots close up.  AAnytime, but especially during dinner.  Uggghhh

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

she said poop?

they need to have delay so they can bleep this kind of stuff.

i hope being shaken and upset subsides quickly for you.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Whatever  you do, don't watch the news of daily events!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Fair Lady I don't think your grandkids will be shocked or upset over the poop word unless maybe they only know the function as bowel movement.I am happy you weren't eating dinner though at the time she said it.

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps you should only watch children's programs. I cannot imagine taking such offense to such a "mild term."

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

And people post seriously, time and again, asking why QVC doesn’t pay attention to their “suggestions”, or in this case, strange foot-stompy ramble.

OPs such as this are a large part of the reason QVC pretty much discounts what QVC forum posters “think”, want or DEMAND.

Thank you for my chuckle of the day.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest an educational dvd or children's movie instead of having them watch QVC. Then, no need for them to hear such a profane word ( I actually cannot believe that anyone would start such a ridiculous post.)  Or, get them in the kitchen and have them help--unless they are in high chairs, they can help.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Fair Lady

I was watching this show also.Kerstin could have chosen better language. Again, it sometimes surprises me what some of the hosts spill out of their mouths.